Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

After Hours (maybe) Halloween Beers J.W Sweetmans (Messrs) Dublin - vote for date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I remember saying to a friend before - "don't tell me you go to those internet beers full of random freaks and weirdos"!

It turns out they are great fun and I can honestly say I have made a few friends out of this place.

Never would have thought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Saturday 1st November
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Yes! Or, if Queen's not your thing, we could do Bowie and Jagger's Dancing in the Street! :D

No no queen is perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

c_man wrote: »
    I don't think I can look the barman in the eye on the night, if they know that we're a bunch of internet weirdos.

You speak the truth c_man. :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I couldn't give less of a fcuk what the barman thinks of me as long as he keeps the drink flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Saturday 1st November
    Sure last year the barman even gave us a free round!

If its going to be around halloween can it not be actual halloween night? Theres always a few different friends parties to go to that night and no offence but id rather go to one of them than blow them all off and drive across the country to meet a load of randomers off the internet, as lovely as I'm sure you all are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

MadYaker wrote: »
    I couldn't give less of a fcuk what the barman thinks of me as long as he keeps the drink flowing.

Will you buy drinks for hotfail.com and myself?

I will, if I end up going. Only 1 condition though, no matter what I buy you HAVE to drink it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

MadYaker wrote: »
    I will, if I end up going. Only 1 condition though, no matter what I buy you HAVE to drink it.

Count me in so

I remember saying to a friend before - "don't tell me you go to those internet beers full of random freaks and weirdos"!

It turns out they are great fun and I can honestly say I have made a few friends out of this place.

Never would have thought it.

"You'll never see me at anything like that" I think is how you finished that sentence :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Might as well go sure, I got nothing to fear*

*He said, as he wrote his will.

On a serious note, would anyone want to meet up to go to the beers? Help with the old nerves and what not.

cloud493 wrote: »

On a serious note, would anyone want to meet up to go to the beers? Help with the old nerves and what not.

If you're a female yes, male probably not

I'm a sexy female looking for fun in your area.

I'm a sexy female looking for fun in your area.

Sorry I don't pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Saturday 1st November

There'll always be a few people going for their first time, and regulars (me included) are more than happy to meet for one first.
    It was done for me when I was a scared newbie :)

Nothing to be nervous about really. There'll be loads of first timers there. Bar drinking for the whole night is expensive though, id definitely be on for having a few warm up cans outside somewhere first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Honestly, I probably would end up not going cause of the whole meeting a large group of strangers thing and me being an awfully quiet type of person. Plus, it's all the way in Dublin.. Plus if it's Halloween, I've already places to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

c_man wrote: »
    I don't think I can look the barman in the eye on the night, if they know that we're a bunch of internet weirdos.
    Barmen are internet weirdos too you know.... :mad:
    sup_dude wrote: »
    Honestly, I probably would end up not going cause of the whole meeting a large group of strangers thing and me being an awfully quiet type of person. Plus, it's all the way in Dublin.. Plus if it's Halloween, I've already places to go...
    They all sound like good reasons to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Sure last year the barman even gave us a free round!

That was O'Connells in Galway?

Best pub in Ireland, they really looked after us when ever we descend.

A must place to visit when in Galway.

There are always the hard core few that go for pre beers beers. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm a little late to this thread and so haven't gotten around to picking a date yet - who's still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I voted for Halloween because that gives me more time to compile a list of users to avoid … I know, I know, I should have done it months ago, I'm a procrastinator OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Beering? do people use that word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Jamsiek wrote: »
    Beering? do people use that word?

Its a phrase which has originated from the farming term (going to dairy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Suggestions:

O'Reilly's/Sub Lounge - cheap drinks (all pints €3.60, bottles of Kopperberg €2.80, shots €1/2), and you could book out the whole area between the toilets and the smoking area. It gets really busy but there's loads of seats there and if there was a big group it would be easy to keep it for ourselves. Good atmosphere and music too.

Longstone - big area upstairs to reserve, good smoking area.

JW Sweetmans/Messrs - always good for boards beers, stays open late, good music...too many stairs though :pac:

Porterhouse - (Nassau Street...Temple Bar one is a bit all over the place) good range of beers.

Czech Inn - good selection of beers, stays open late (think it serves til 4am or something)

D2 - awesome beer garden, you can reserve an area out there and they have a burger bar out there too. Nightclub downstairs.

Toners, Baggot Street - one of the best beer gardens in Dublin IMO, really relaxed atmosphere, table service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RenegadeDisco

Lapellos and a dirty kebab in Zaytoons??

• Advertisement

Lapellos and a dirty kebab in Zaytoons??

Zaytoons Kebabs are NOT dirty - you take that back :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Saturday 1st November
    Plenty of dirty kebabs in Lapellos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

The Master wrote: »
    Plenty of dirty kebabs in Lapellos

Experience speaking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Patser wrote: »
    Experience speaking?

I can tell you now that The Master is quite the gentlemen, he never told about the time we kissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I can tell you now that The Master is quite the gentlemen, he never told about the time we kissed.

I thought I was the only one.

He told me I was special. He let me rub his beard.

• Advertisement

The Master has kissed more boys than I have.

The Master has kissed more boys than I have.

He has kissed all the boys.

Even Dave. But e made me feel special.

Unlike you.

Unlike you.

I'll let you rub my beard next time.

I'll let you rub my beard next time.

You can keep your arse beard to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

You know the way the question is now - pick a date?

Can I pick Scarlett Johansson? Or Vivienne Long? Or yer wan Muireann off the RTE Jr Spraoi programme?

Really I'm not that fussy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

According to a poll I did in AHers recently, the majority of voters are introverts.

How does beers work? A whole group of introverts getting together. We hate people and has the nerves. :( I really wanna go but I'll be all nervous.

According to a poll I did in AHers recently, the majority of voters are introverts.

How does beers work? A whole group of introverts getting together. We had people and has the nerves. :( I really wanna go but I'll be all nervous.

Here's the solution - Alcohol.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

How does beers work? A whole group of introverts getting together. We hate people and has the nerves. :( I really wanna go but I'll be all nervous.

I'm "trained" to face those kind of situations. Even though terrified I'd still do it. We could meet up before hand and go together! Check them out from a distance and if they'll look like an extreme bunch of weirdos we'll
    leg it! :D They'd probably throw me out after 5 minutes anyway because I tend to talk all sorts of random sh1t when I'm nervous to kill the awkward silence while blushing constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Here's the solution - Alcohol.

:p

In her case it will be free alcohol. I knows stuff. :D

I'm "trained" to face those kind of situations. Even though terrified I'd still do it. We could meet up before hand and go together! Check them out from a distance and if they'll look like an extreme bunch of weirdos we'll
    leg it! :D They'd probably throw me out after 5 minutes anyway because I tend to talk all sorts of random sh1t when I'm nervous to kill the awkward silence while blushing constantly.

I like that idea! I assume a lot of people on here know each in real life, could be a bit awks trying to mix at the start. :(

I gets free alcomohol? Why?

• Advertisement

I gets free alcomohol? Why?

Can't say. It'll ruin the surprise. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Let me be the referee. I'll make sure that Lizzie and Christy get equal measure, I will take for free an excess either Lady may want to imbibe.

gugleguy wrote: »
    I will take for free an excess either Lady may want to imbibe.

gugleguy wrote: »
    Let me be the referee. I'll make sure that Lizzie and Christy get equal measure, I will take for free an excess either Lady may want to imbibe.

You'll certainly get all mine because I can't go. I'm too far away. :(

Sure halloween is a friday this year anyway. Surely the saturday would be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I would imagine it would be a load of just awkward silences??
    You could bring your friends...be same as Normal night out...that way if it's crap...just leave and go to a nightclub like

I like that idea! I assume a lot of people on here know each in real life, could be a bit awks trying to mix at the start. :(

Yeh there will be people who know each other BUT the vast majority of them will have met through beers and the vast majority of people are sound and very welcoming. You won't feel left out :)

I would imagine it would be a load of just awkward silences??
    You could bring your friends...be same as Normal night out...that way if it's crap...just leave and go to a nightclub like

But your friends would find out your Boards username... No thanks! :p

You won't feel left out :)

You promise? :(

• Advertisement

You promise? :(

Weeeeeird I just promised you something in another thread!

Yes. I promise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement