Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri shorts & top for IM

Options
  • 01-08-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good 2 piece for long distance, I have a trisuit but think the 2 piece would be more suitable for the big day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I know a couple of guys who have gone long wearing this kit and swear by it:
    http://www.triradar.com/gear/compressport-triathlon-shirt-and-shorts/
    The shirt/shorts can be got on wiggle,CRC, etc.

I haven't worn em so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

I used that combo in Lanzarote this year and found them good. Shorts are a bit low at the back, so you need sunscreen on your lower back in case the top rides up on the bike. After the race I had sunburn just starting (really minor redness) on my shoulders as the red shoulder parts of the top are of a lighter material than the rest.

Oh yes, they're available in B2R. Worth trying on as the top in particular looks tiny in the correct size, it's quite stretchy..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

speedyj wrote: »
    I used that combo in Lanzarote this year and found them good. Shorts are a bit low at the back, so you need sunscreen on your lower back in case the top rides up on the bike. After the race I had sunburn just starting (really minor redness) on my shoulders as the red shoulder parts of the top are of a lighter material than the rest.

Oh yes, they're available in B2R. Worth trying on as the top in particular looks tiny in the correct size, it's quite stretchy..

thanks speedyj,i must make a trip to dublin, i have tried the shops in limerick but everything i look at suits short course, TBH i would really prefer going to B&M shop than online so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be much obliged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Pmaldini,

I used the ZeroD iSinglet and iShort this year in Austria. Very comfortable.

I'd recommend trying them for fit though. Link below, again in Base2Race

http://base2race.ie/collections/triathlon-clothing-1/products/zerod-isinglet-white

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Two I like are CEPtri short and the Orca 226. I was stuck at the weekend having forgotten the cep aad had to use the Orca brand new with no wear.

Not recommended but someone has to try these things!! Worked perfect for 40 hrs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

AKW wrote: »
    Two I like are CEPtri short and the Orca 226. I was stuck at the weekend having forgotten the cep aad had to use the Orca brand new with no wear.

Not recommended but someone has to try these things!! Worked perfect for 40 hrs. :)

Does that mean you have them in Oranmore for me to try?

have you these in the limerick store?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Pmaldini wrote: »

he better have one set at least!!!

Sorry, playing catch up this week, I do have them but only in medium.

Sorry, playing catch up this week, I do have them but only in medium.

Hi AKW, just back myself after a few days away, what size frame will medium fit, I am 6' and 71kg, by the way, well done on the beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Hi AKW, just back myself after a few days away, what size frame will medium fit, I am 6' and 71kg, by the way, well done on the beast!

I'd say medium will fit you. I got M at the weekend and they are too big for me.

Thanks!! Unfortunatley the race report is almost as long as the event itself, but there was a lot to discover :)

You should be fine with a Medium. I do have the CEP in the smaller size which you are welcome to try on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Can anyone recommend a good 2 piece for long distance, I have a trisuit but think the 2 piece would be more suitable for the big day

another option use 1 piece tri suit for the bike than take 25 sec to take it off and then put on running gear on.
    you save the time you lose changing with the 1 piece being faster on the bike. ( another advantage you have a fresh short for the run )
    the other advantage you can fix number better to tri suit which also saves time as more aero. ( and a number belt for an ironman run is not that much liked by many people )

Thanks!! Unfortunatley the race report is almost as long as the event itself, but there was a lot to discover :)

You should be fine with a Medium. I do have the CEP in the smaller size which you are welcome to try on too.

Cool, ill call into the shop tomorrow, up to my moobs today in work!!

Advertisement