Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrating to Australia

Options
  • 01-08-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this, I want to find out the name of the organisation or governing body in Australia that are responsible for accrediting/recognising the following therapies which were studied in Ireland.

I am qualified in the following modalities

Holistic Massage...includes Anatomy & Physiology
    Reflexology
    Indian Head Massage
    Reiki Level 1, 2 Practitioner/Master/Teacher Level
    Baby & Toddler Reflexology, practitioner & Instructor
    BodyTalk Practitioner
    NLP Practitioner

Many thanks
    Deb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I'd try the Australian Department of Truth, Fairies and Dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 debc

I totally understand that not everyone is a fan of holistic therapies and for me, it is my way of life and full time business. I would appreciate it if you didn't make any further comments on my post, it is my first time using this forum and I would only like to talk to people that are willing to help me out and share useful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

As their name suggests, There's always one.

IMMI are the guys to look into. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum when it comes to immigration. Unfortunately I'm not one of them. Just hold out a little longer debc, and I'm sure someone will offer some constructive advice.

I AM A MAN OF SCIENCE

In seriousness though, and sicne I was being a smartarse, these might help:

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcsite.nsf?open
    http://www.australiannaturaltherapistsassociation.com.au/
    http://www.ihtaustralia.com/

Maybe email them and they'd be sure to know more, explain your situation, and ask where/how you could go about getting your skills recognised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

I AM A MAN OF SCIENCE

As am I. But I don't feel the urge to ridicule a person's profession, because I don't share their beliefs.

edit.
    I was typing my post whilst you submitted your response theresalwaysone. Fair dues lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

debc wrote: »
    I totally understand that not everyone is a fan of holistic therapies and for me, it is my way of life and full time business. I would appreciate it if you didn't make any further comments on my post, it is my first time using this forum and I would only like to talk to people that are willing to help me out and share useful information.
    You'll have to search the skills shortage list on IMMI. As it stands there doesn't seem a shortage of alternative health practitioners around but then again maybe I've been around Fremantle too often.

Yeah I noticed that too, I may have to try for a different type of visa. Thank you catbear :-)

Thanks you Theresalwaysone I appreciate your help :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

OP there is a good few links to skills on the FAQ.

Sadly I have never heard of this skills sets being in demand but your never know.

I do believe theresalwaysone has simply enjoyed the works of dara Obrien and could not help himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement