Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Games

Options
  • 01-08-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm throwing a party for a 4 year old. There won't be too many kids there but their ages range from about 3-7. I'm beginning to stress about how I'll entertain them. The games I've thought of are the typical ones pass the parcel, musical chairs, musical statues (with little prizes for the winners). I'll have a range of toys there too. Any other games to keep them entertained?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Instead of chairs, use musical bumps, where they sit on the ground, it means no banging off chairs, corners in the eyes etc.

Push the orange is good fun, they have to get down on all fours,hands behind their backs and have a race to push oranges with their noses over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Pin the tail on the donkey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Treasure hunt! Hide wrapped things or bags of pound shop chocolate coins around the place.

Egg and spoon race, use hard boiled eggs.

The Sock Game. 3 yr olds are probably too young for this... But from 4 up should be fine. Put load of socks in a basket (maybe 8 per participant?). The winner gets the most socks onto one foot by the time a song plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

pwurple wrote: »
    The Sock Game. 3 yr olds are probably too young for this... But from 4 up should be fine. Put load of socks in a basket (maybe 8 per participant?). The winner gets the most socks onto one foot by the time a song plays.

Hmmm just thought of a variant of this ... give them your odd-sock bag, the winner is the one who manages to make up the most pairs in a certain time limit! :D :pac:

Simon Says is always a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭chellyry

Thanks guys they're good ideas I'll definitely do some of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

You can get pinatas in Woodies. It was a big hit at our 5 year old's birthday.

Blindfolding a 5 year old and giving him a stick while a group of other small children cluster around in the hope of getting loads of sweets is hardly dangerous at all.

Advertisement