Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tenant - still no active order after 3 weeks..

Options
  • 01-08-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but I've to vent my frustration at how absolutely unbelievably poor my experience trying to set up a new account with Eircom has been.

I moved into a new house last month and am trying to simply get eFibre and eVision installed - the previous tenant had an account (and possibly outstanding balance) with Eircom so I was aware of the process of scanning in a tenancy agreement but let's just go through the timeline.

Thursday July 10th -  rang up and was talking to a woman who told me the account / line is still active and to wait 24 hours to see if it frees up - otherwise, I'd need to scan in my tenancy agreement. She said she would ring me the following evening (Friday July 11th) between 7pm and 8pm - I agreed and said that's fine.

Friday July 11th -  no call from anyone!

Monday July 14th -  talking to Catherine who advised me account was still active and to fax tenancy agreement to 01 4286288. Did that same day (put mobile number on top, and marked it "ATTN: Catherine") have fax receipt acknowledging such.

Saturday July 19th - Rang and talked to someone who said previous tenant's account was still active, and to ring back by Wednesday if I haven't heard from anyone.

Thursday July 24th - Rang up and was talking to Darren (I believe). I mentioned sending this fax to Catherine 10 days previous. He put me on hold while he talked to Catherine. When he returned, I was told to e-mail the tenancy agreement instead. Obviously the fax was lost or misplaced. I then e-mailed it immediately and told him to please acknowledge receipt of it - by replying to the e-mail. He then said he'd ring me before the end of day. I never got a call.

Wednesday July 30th - E-mailed Darren asking about acknowledging receipt of that agreement, and got no reply!

And all these calls / faxes / e-mails were done before I've an active order - this is getting disgraceful.

You've already lost a customer with regards television as I was waiting so long I've just gone and installed Freesat instead - your loss!

And now I'm contemplating going elsewhere for broadband - sorry but if it's this much work to get a sale or an active order, I can't even imagine how bad it'll be once I'm a customer tied in for 18 months.

Singlehandedly, the worst customer service I've encountered in 30 years on this planet. Ye should be ashamed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Basq wrote: »
    Sorry but I've to vent my frustration at how absolutely unbelievably poor my experience trying to set up a new account with Eircom has been.

I moved into a new house last month and am trying to simply get eFibre and eVision installed - the previous tenant had an account (and possibly outstanding balance) with Eircom so I was aware of the process of scanning in a tenancy agreement but let's just go through the timeline.

Thursday July 10th -  rang up and was talking to a woman who told me the account / line is still active and to wait 24 hours to see if it frees up - otherwise, I'd need to scan in my tenancy agreement. She said she would ring me the following evening (Friday July 11th) between 7pm and 8pm - I agreed and said that's fine.

Monday July 14th -  talking to Catherine who advised me account was still active and to fax tenancy agreement to 01 4286288. Did that same day (put mobile number on top, and marked it "ATTN: Catherine") have fax receipt acknowledging such.

Saturday July 19th - Rang and talked to someone who said previous tenant's account was still active, and to ring back by Wednesday if I haven't heard from anyone.

Thursday July 24th - Rang up and was talking to Darren (I believe). I mentioned sending this fax to Catherine 10 days previous. He put me on hold while he talked to Catherine. When he returned, I was told to e-mail the tenancy agreement instead. Obviously the fax was lost or misplaced. I then e-mailed it immediately and told him to please acknowledge receipt of it - by replying to the e-mail. He then said he'd ring me before the end of day. I never got a call.

Wednesday July 30th - E-mailed Darren asking about acknowledging receipt of that agreement, and got no reply!

And all these calls / faxes / e-mails were done before I've an active order - this is getting disgraceful.

You've already lost a customer with regards television as I was waiting so long I've just gone and installed Freesat instead - your loss!

And now I'm contemplating going elsewhere for broadband - sorry but if it's this much work to get a sale or an active order, I can't even imagine how bad it'll be once I'm a customer tied in for 18 months.

Singlehandedly, the worst customer service I've encountered in 30 years on this planet. Ye should be ashamed!
    Hi Basq

I can fully understand your disappointment with proceedings so far - it does make for some very disappointing reading and I apologise for this. Can you please PM me the associated account number and address including a relevant mobile contact number for yourself please? I will follow up on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks Al.

Sent you PM there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks Al.

Sent you PM there.
    Thanks Basq

As soon as I have more clarification on this I'll let you know right away.

Al

10 days later, and still nothing.

This is getting embarrassing!

Sorry lads, but ye've lost a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Basq

I have just looked at this. I am sorry to hear of your Customer Service experience to date which clearly has not been satisfactory.

Feel free to PM me the following information and I will look into this for you;

The exact address
    Your name
    A mobile Contact No.

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

But he already did all of this with Al, Colm. You expect him to do this all over again with you in the hope for a better solution? What happened to Al, did he drop off the face of the planet? I have had similar problems with trying to sort an account out with Eircom. Some things never change...

Sorry Colm.

Rang up yesterday to try and speed up this situation with the line as have now moved to a new provider - after a month with very little feedback from various members of Eircom's customer care and sales team, my hands were tied.

Was talking to someone on your Customer Care team who will be remain nameless here - but having someone close to be working in a similar field - made some very questionable (both inaccurate and potentially libellous) claims on the phone.

I've now resolved the matter with my new provider who did more in 2 phone calls that I got from 4 phone calls, 2 e-mails and a fax to Eircom.

Do bear in mind that the carry on during this whole debacle both disgusted me greatly and I will not recommend your services to anyone in future.. unless they'd like a very unpleasant time.

The timeline and evidence in this thread should stand as a personal experience of incompetence from the company you represent - nothing in thread has been inaccurate or exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sorry Colm.

Rang up yesterday to try and speed up this situation with the line as have now moved to a new provider - after a month with very little feedback from various members of Eircom's customer care and sales team, my hands were tied.

Was talking to someone on your Customer Care team who will be remain nameless here - but having someone close to be working in a similar field - made some very questionable (both inaccurate and potentially libellous) claims on the phone.

I've now resolved the matter with my new provider who did more in 2 phone calls that I got from 4 phone calls, 2 e-mails and a fax to Eircom.

Do bear in mind that the carry on during this whole debacle both disgusted me greatly and I will not recommend your services to anyone in future.. unless they'd like a very unpleasant time.

The timeline and evidence in this thread should stand as a personal experience of incompetence from the company you represent - nothing in thread has been inaccurate or exaggerated.
    Sorry to read this Basq and I can understand your frustration. If you do want me to have the issue you mentioned above investigated and can PM me details of agent or call I will do so.
    Hope all goes well with new provider.
    Regards
    Tony

Advertisement