Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ard Alainn

Options
  • 01-08-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey guys, soon enough I'll be moving into a house in Ard Alainn on the Castlepark Road & I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on any surprises that may lay in store ahead.

I've heard second-hand stories of castlepark, fana glas&sruth rua (the last two being the mini-estates sharing the same enterance as ard alainn) being a bit rough, though I've been assured that it's a quiet estate I'm moving into. Can any of you Galway heads shed any light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I live fairly close to there. Its not the most salubrious part of Galway, but you're not likely to get stabbed or mugged! Handy for the woods and LIDL and Dunnes and GMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

That foal was over around there?? Oh screw that; I was following that thread as it came along; getting sicker along the way :(

Good to know that I'll be safe there so long as I'm human anyway :/

Google Maps isn't showing my were specifically your estate is - but I think that the horse issues in general apply to most of the area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Árd Álainn conjures up ideal lifestyle living conditions.

That & it does Snubble; the house ain't too shabby to look at either! It's just in my nature to worry about decisions when they're already made, past the point of changing ��

Well you aren't buying the place, you can always move if you don't like the area. How about the other people already in the house?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Árd Álainn conjures up ideal lifestyle living conditions.

And in fairness, there is a great distance view from up there - one of the best in town.

@bonzo: no clue of the other tenants just yet: it was a couples house who are moving towards bigger&better; renting the entire place out, though I'm assuming they'll all be grand as we'll all be vetted equally.

@OBumble: So I've heard alright: geographically the places there are perfect; I mean for the proximity to the woods alone it's pure handiness. Well it's good anyway to have the mind calmed: I like my night wanders so once I know I'll be grand to wander then I'm happy; Ty all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

If Ard Alainn is Irish, I would imagine it means lovely and tall, (high?) : ) :pac::confused: Is it surrounded by big high walls and fences or anything?!

Nah, the place doesn't have much extra elevation compared to the rest of its surroundings; the entire area is a bit higher then the Dublin road though & the developers just seem to have had a kink for the Irish anguage when naming it&its sister estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

My mum lives up there. Its not a bad spot.

Only thing I can add is that the houses are freezing in the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

it all depends on your neighbours tbh .. the area and its local has most of what anyone would need ,hopefully you get on grand

Advertisement