Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Smithwicks experience visitor centre

Options
  • 01-08-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

anyone been to the new smithwicks visitor centre,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Meant to be deadly according to two canadians i was talking to last night

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Great that this now open.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Tour Guide: "Hello and welcome everyone to the world famous brewery, where we have made Smithwicks famous ale since 1710. My name is Micheál and I'm your tour guide today"

American Visitor 1: "Wow, great, I can't wait to see the place where this beer that I've been drinking all my adult life is made. I've been importing Smith- Wicks to America for years. I love that Ruby refreshment. I'm like, super-excited... so where do you actually brew the Smith-Wicks then, I can't wait to see the hops"

Tour Guide: "Sorry now but there's no hops here"

American Visitor 1: "Sorry Mee- hawl, what?"

Tour Guide: "Eh...Em, how can I put this now , we only make Budweiser here now, Smithwicks is made in Dublin now. The train to Dublin leaves at 11:41"

American Visitor 1: "Jeez that's hugely disappointing. I was like totally stoked and now I feel like totally bummed out. Screw you guys. C'mon honey lets go and have an authentic experience down at the Waterford Crystal factory to see where the world famous Crystal is made"

Tour Guide: "Eeeehm ...."

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Couch Potatoette

Does anyone know how long the tour is?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Does anyone know how long the tour is?
    Not sure but it's fee this Saturday as part of open Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

The tour is about 45 minutes long and you get a pint / soft drink at the end, so that's your hour. You can stay longer in the bar part if you like. There are some interactive screens in the bar with quizzes etc on them, nicely done.

I brought visitors around it last weekend & everyone really enjoyed it. The groups are small, 10 - 12 people. There was a mix of American, Canadian, Swiss & Irish people in our group.

10% off if you book it online.

The merchandise shop is grand, pricey but the tourists browsing looked happy enough.

Recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I went with a group of friends recently, really enjoyable tour. Interactive and something a bit different, great mix of history and then good insight into the brewing process. Nice tasty pint at the end too

Advertisement