Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Z Nation (Syfy) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I miss Citizen Z. I thought he provided a certain 'gel' last season hat kept the show on the road. Of course that dynamic has changed this season with the murphy rree for all and the blast.

Good episode this week but Im not getting the hit off it I got last season for sure. It's a fun show and I'm not taking it all that seriously so it's not worth being disappointed. It's still pretty good. Was that the real George R. R. Martin? For some reason I was expecting a body double. It does just show how insane the show is reallyl. I don't think they do have a plan. I think they're just throwing ideas into the mix each episode and seeing where it all goes. That mightn't be the worst thing and suits this kind of show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

squonk wrote: »
    I miss Citizen Z. I thought he provided a certain 'gel' last season hat kept the show on the road. Of course that dynamic has changed this season with the murphy rree for all and the blast.

Good episode this week but Im not getting the hit off it I got last season for sure. It's a fun show and I'm not taking it all that seriously so it's not worth being disappointed. It's still pretty good. Was that the real George R. R. Martin? For some reason I was expecting a body double. It does just show how insane the show is reallyl. I don't think they do have a plan. I think they're just throwing ideas into the mix each episode and seeing where it all goes. That mightn't be the worst thing and suits this kind of show.

It was.

https://twitter.com/craigengler/status/659780010706907137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Soooo anyone notice the road in use in the background as they enter roswell ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

gufc21 wrote: »
    Soooo anyone notice the road in use in the background as they enter roswell ðŸ˜႒

And a truck passing by in the background when they arrived at the airbase.

I was surprised by these errors as they are normally very good at hiding any background signs of life. That is exactly the kind of stuff they can fix with a little VFX in post production and seeing as how this episode was directed by Jason McKee who is also the Visual Effects Supervisor for the whole show, you would think that he would take the time to fix it.

Other than that I really enjoyed it. Loads of silly fun and poking fun at alien abduction movies and general UFO nut-jobs. A lot of in-jokes as well, Addy quoting the Unix line from Jurassic Park, Murphy intoning the line 'Mostly' like the little girl in Aliens, the dead guys on the ground looking like the Men In Black and a character named Dan Scully like Dana Scully from The X Files.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Is it just my rambling imaginings, but did I notice that the flying saucer on the roof of the cafe they showed up to was gone at the end? I love this programme I have to say. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Is it just my rambling imaginings, but did I notice that the flying saucer on the roof of the cafe they showed up to was gone at the end? I love this programme I have to say. :)

It's there alright. There are two shots of the cafe, in the first one where Warren and Bernadette are talking to each other it is clearly there, in the second one when Bernadette is talking to her followers it is only barely visible.

The weakest episode of the season for me but I won't hold that against them as the season as a whole has been really strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The corporate jargon was a joke that got tired quickly. Still a pretty decent episode. I saw the eventual use of that stick coming a mile off though (from very near the start).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ironically enough, Anthony Michael Hall didn't see it coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I automatically dislike this show on principle when it came out. But I stuck with it because of the zombies and it's turned into a decent sci-fi in it's own right. When it started going off on tangents, trying out odd plots I really started to like it. It's created it's own little world and revels in it.

When a sci-fi show experiments like that I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and it has gotten better in just about every way since it started. Is this based on a comic or book?

It is not based on previously existing material. It is nice to see some new original programmes on TV.

I also was not expecting much at first, particularly when I saw that The Asylum were involved but this has turned out to be one of my favourite shows ever. It's no Breaking Bad or The Wire or anything but it is just about the most fun on television. I like that they regularly take risks with strange plots that most other shows would avoid. It makes you look forward to what kind of wackiness they will come across each week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

This week I loved the idea that there was a group of corporate types trying to put rules over a situation where there are no rules.

Great episode and Gina Gershon totally enjoying her part was so fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Las Zetas playing Piñata with a zomibe drug mule LOL

This weeks episode looked beautiful, they really pulled out all the stops. Rather than the usual gritty bleached look they went full cinematic with the aspect ratio and the rich colour palette. Great costumes and make up, they all looked fantastic although Doc's beard was way over the top. Addy looked hot, hot, hot!. Can't wait for next week.

How did they get from Nevada to Mexico on the way to California?

I was wondering that as well. Why cross the border at all

There is a map on the syfy website showing where they've been. The fall-out from the nuclear explosion and avoiding the zoonami is forcing them to take a pretty haphazard kind of route.

http://www.syfy.com/znation/maps/

There was also a lot of "stick to the plan" comments.

So I took it that they intentionally went there for whatever reason that plan was.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

I thought i'd left it until the end of the season so I downloaded what I saw online and then watched them.

then I find out there are two episodes left.

god damnit.

the fight between vasquez and scorpion? was just stupid. I was really hoping z-nation would be a better show and do an indy, pull a gun and shoot him right between the eyes instead of the unbelievably cheesy fist fight.

I wonder how they are going to deal with california at the end of the season. I hope it's not a "your princess is in another castle" type of thing, it'll be kinda silly if they're just chasing that doctor around the united states every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

strelok wrote: »
    I hope it's not a "your princess is in another castle" type of thing, it'll be kinda silly if they're just chasing that doctor around the united states every season.

Well that wasn't it anyway. Very good finale with some good cliffhangers (and one really fun one).
    I wonder if the last one will factor into season 3 at all, or was it just a funny throwaway callback to earlier in the season?

Hopefully DJ Qualls has more to do next season.

For the pretty good finale
    Really getting heavily into conspiracy territory now with the note to Citizen Z about zombies last week and the fact that officials and businessmen were conveniently prepared for it this week. Zona could be a main point next season.

Wonder how 10K will get out of the sub.

And doe Murphy have to bite the face, or is that just for the sake of showing viewers they're under his control? Or maybe he just likes marking them.

Looked like a woman's face meeting Citizen Z?

Think that bit at the end will come into play since it's showing how quickly she has grown already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Before season 3 of Z Nation, there will be a Z Nation movie, "set sometime before the climax of the second season", which will help setup events in the show's third season.

http://www.syfy.com/znation/blog/z-nation-season-3-movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Watching the first of the new season now, glad to see it back

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

deco nate wrote:
    Watching the first of the new season now, glad to see it back

It's back ?!!....... excellent , where can it be seen , do Fox have it yet ?

cathalj wrote: »

It was shown in the US last night, I watched it online. Not sure when it will be shown over here, sorry.

And it was a 2 parter, or rather the aforementioned "movie" set during season 2, with some setup for season 3.

Was wondering how the helmeted zombies were killing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

cathalj wrote: »

For those not watching online It starts back on Pick on the 4th of October in the usual 10pm Tuesday night slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

skipper_G wrote: »
    For those not watching online It starts back on Pick on the 4th of October in the usual 10pm Tuesday night slot.

It starts Tuesday 11th October according to their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/PickTV/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is Season 2 of this good? Watched the first season and thought it was garbage at first but I kinda warmed to it after a while as just a silly, goofy piece of zombie bashing filler. Is season 2 as good as/better than the first?

Is Season 2 of this good? Watched the first season and thought it was garbage at first but I kinda warmed to it after a while as just a silly, goofy piece of zombie bashing filler. Is season 2 as good as/better than the first?

It's better imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5182374/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Imdb says it was broadcast on the 16th of September? 85 minute episode

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5182374/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Imdb says it was broadcast on the 16th of September? 85 minute episode

YES in the US, not over here yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

deco nate wrote: »
    YES in the US, not over here yet

ahhhhhh :cool:

• Advertisement

A new mission.

10k stopped counting :( or is he doing it in his own head now.

A new mission.

10k stopped counting :( or is he doing it in his own head now.

He's not counting because he's bitten

Hyzepher wrote: »
    He's not counting because he's bitten

He seems to have some sort of control over it is what I took from it.

When he sniped the two Z's I took that of some form of control to save his friends.

It seems he can do what he wants as long as he does what Murphy wants as well

Loved the crazy serial killer mailman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fitbill

I want to make a question to all of you about this TV SERIES? Is it better than WALKING DEAD? Same? Or worst?

If someone sees WALKING DEAD is worthing to see this one too?

fitbill wrote: »
    I want to make a question to all of you about this TV SERIES? Is it better than WALKING DEAD? Same? Or worst?

To each thier own, only you can answer that from watching it, it's a b movie style show. You love it or hate it. I love it, you may not.

I'd take it over the Walking Dead any day of the week for pure enjoyment.

It doesn't take itself too seriously, knows what it is and delivers consistently bearing that in mind. I agree with deco & A.Coulson on both points - it's a B Movie style but is hugely enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Walking dead takes itself seriously. Z Nation doesn't. It also has weird episodes where zombies aren't the focus at all, it's a bit more like a classic sci fi show in that way.

It grows on you once you accept it for what it is.

Walking dead just annoys me now. It takes itself too seriously without really covering anything serious.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Walking dead takes itself seriously. Z Nation doesn't. It also has weird episodes where zombies aren't the focus at all, it's a bit more like a classic sci fi show in that way.

It grows on you once you accept it for what it is.

Walking dead just annoys me now. It takes itself too seriously without really covering anything serious.
    2 words.. . Zombie cow! :)

deco nate wrote: »
    2 words.. . Zombie cow! :)

3 words giant cheese wheel :D

skipper_G wrote: »
    3 words giant cheese wheel :D

And I thought of that after I posted, lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ScumLord wrote: »
    You've just nailed down exactly how I've come to feel about the Walking Dead. I used to like it, but now don't give a tuppence when the new series comes along or who ends up dead. Shark jumped. Z Nation throws the odd gentle dig at tWD too. The latest episode did, even had one character calling their zombies "walkers" and how "you'd have to be an idiot to get caught and eaten by one". :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That was a fantastic One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement