Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Z Nation (Syfy) [** Spoilers **]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love this show it's the simple things like the northern lights rap that just make the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

I love this show it's the simple things like the northern lights rap that just make the show.

I dunno comrade, apart from the first episode(the "movie" one) this season is pretty poor
    they should have ended it at California IMO.

Election episode fake Trump vs even faker Trump lol

There was some great political satire in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't agree. A candidate for the worst episode ever, and if I see those 2 muppets again, I'm just going to skip the whole episode. Complete filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't agree. A candidate for the worst episode ever, and if I see those 2 muppets again, I'm just going to skip the whole episode. Complete filler.

Think the show has lost its way now with that episode - wont be rushing to watch any more and we have watched all the episodes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr E wrote: »

I see what you did there.

Yeah I was just doing other stuff while it was on. Didn't hold my interest at all. Was like they took a crap joke that fell flat the first time and just dragged it out over a whole episode. I missed doped up 10K. He's funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's become the Doc show over the last few episodes this season.

Although the last one was fun with the 3 nutjob women.

They need to bring the core group back together.

Bit redundant using "nutjob" in there. :p

Yeah poor Doc having to sleep with the 3 of them.
    There have been some random side stories.

Good to hear it's been renewed but wonder where next season will go. Will Murphy be taken down this season?
    Maybe tie into whoever's trying to hack Citizen Z. Though didn't someone try hacking him before? His stories are usually exclusive to him anyway.

• Advertisement

Not feeling it this year. Murphy's story is crap.

I want it to go back to a road trip with the full group.

10K has been fun to watch this year. I just hope he's been counting in his head all this time and he picks up again when he gets free of Murphy

It's still 10 times better than The Walking Dead which is moving slower than a Walker Zombie.

Yeah, walking dead used to be the first watched on a Monday. But now I haven't even bothered with this week's episode yet

Everybody dies in the end!

Now that was a cliffhanger to end the season on!

It was a pretty weak season overall, but I think they pulled it back in the last 2 or 3 episodes.

I hated Murphy's little dictatorship arc and most characters have become so damn unlikable.
    There were some real stinker episodes in there too.
    I hope The Man survives - he was one of the best things about this season.

Cracking cliffhanger though. You really don't know who will live or die.

• Advertisement

Less of a cliffhanger and more of a cliff jumper since 4 did exactly that. Dunno why the wee boy did. Guess he thinks he can really fly. Though have a vague recollection of him doing that in the season prequel/opener.

I assume Warren will start displaying strange traits now with some of Murphy's blood in her

Hector hasn't reappeared since he died, has he?

And meant to say, really random Back to the Future scene last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

I just started watching this. I'm 5 episodes in and I'm hooked. It is really good fun.

I've only just gotten around to watching the Sharknado films now and I'm on the 3rd one and Kellita Smith is in it as Warren so I'm guessing they are set in the same Universe and Sharknado is a prequel to Z Nation :)

So Z Nation is set before Defiance?

Doc was in Sharknado 5.

• Advertisement

Returns Friday, September 29th in the States.

Returns Friday, September 29th in the States.
    Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I'm re-watching the first 3 seasons at the moment. Looking forward to season 4.

Back this weekend.

A good start to the season.
    A big time jump
    and they haven't cleared up some of the cliffhangers from the end of last season. I assume there will have to be a few flashbacks to clear up how Addy and Lucy got from falling off a cliff to where they are now.
    How did Addy lose an eye, who bit her hand and how come they can communicate telepathically. I'm guessing Lucy bit Addy.

Warren is looking fantastic. I assume her new mission will be to
    stop the reset, save what remains of humanity and destroy Zona.

Interesting seeing
    Henry Rollins as a marine
    I wonder if he will be a season regular.

Fair play to the casting people on this show they certainly do find some odd looking people to play the supporting cast.

I enjoyed that. I was a bit bored by the end of the last season, but the time jump is the shot in the arm that this show needed.

I got a bit confused by the end of last season as to what powers Murphy had and who was under his control. He bit Merch and 10K so they were under his control, then they started taking a variant of the original virus and that freed them from his control but the same stuff was curing Murphy. Then Merch was re-bitten but was still able to kill herself even though Murphy didn't want her to. Then 10K took more boosters, was shot and later died and was bitten again.

Merch was working on a vaccine, Kurian was also working on one so was Sun Mei and Zona and Dr Teller. They kept using the terms vaccine and cure for what seemed to be the same thing. It all got incredibly messy. Hopefully the time jump will simplify things.

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Fair play to the casting people on this show they certainly do find some odd looking people to play the supporting cast.

Even though Michael Berryman was in The Hills Have Eyes and other things, I always remember him as "Homer Simpson's ugly brother" (Mulder's words) from an episode of the X Files.

So the Reset is a gas that wipes out all zombies or life? I'm assuming all living things or it wouldn't be a threat. Though if it just targeted dead flesh, it could be good.

And personally, I thought Warren's hair made her look older.

I'm about 6 behind on this. Will probably binge over Christmas.

Renewed yesterday for Season 5.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/z-nation/269724/z-nation-season-5-confirmed

• Advertisement

Finished season 4 today. To be honest, the whole middle of the season was filler. You can watch the first two episodes and the last three episodes and not miss anything important. Pretty weak season overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

That episode with them in coming on the truck and rest of it lost attention, and the wide shots of it using a toy truck was very bad unless that was the idea.

So... huh?
    What were the cylinders Warren was putting in and the cylinders the other guy had?

They must just like painting Murphy.

Find it funny how casual they were with the president when he could easily bite them.

I'd say the sarge has only lasted this long due to addy not being available. Though why they didn't just kill Addy, I don't know.
    And speaking of missing characters, No explanation given to everyone just disappearing without a trace.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So... huh?
    What were the cylinders Warren was putting in and the cylinders the other guy had?
    A cure? The other guy was actually a good guy and trying to stop the Evil Warren from unleashing Black Rainbow. That's how I took it. So now they've likely unleashed one half of black rainbow and one half cure.

I'd say the sarge has only lasted this long due to addy not being available. Though why they didn't just kill Addy, I don't know.
    And speaking of missing characters, No explanation given to everyone just disappearing without a trace.
    It was on Reddit, so take it with a pinch of salt, but it was alleged the actress that plays Sarge is dating Nat Zhang (10k) so that meant Red had to go. And as to Addy well.. the rumour there was the actress had issues with some of the writers and off she went. Allegedly.

Yeah was thinking it would turn out he had the cure. Though wasn't everyone in Zona cured and they all turned?

I wonder why not just kill the characters. If they were being written out anyway, it would be good to see main/recurring characters killed off. Adds to the "no one is safe" mentality. I was checking out Addy's imdb and she had a series called Syn, which I never heard of but I assumed it was her reason for missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

The fifth season starts on October 5 on Syfy.

First episode is titled "Welcome to the Newpocalypse"

Starts back tonight in the States.

Slow enough opener but a bit of fun with the
    Talkers. Though now wondering how much inspiration there is from iZombie with talking zombies and brains giving visions.

• Advertisement

Well that was eventful.

Strange that 2 conspiracy nuts like Doc and Citizen Z would give the footage over to the authorities so quickly.

Red reminds me of Morena Baccarin

They've started to take themselves very seriously. We definitely need a giant wheel of cheese to roll through town sometime soon.

How is Jay still a thing.

I stopped watching after the boring opener. Did it improve?

Not really.

It’s just a back round show for me now when I’m doing other things.

I’ll finish off this season and I’ll be done with it.

It's strange seeing Citizen Z in Supernatural and Kaya in Legends.

It seems like they mistimed the scheduling to have it end the weekend after Christmas. I won't see it until the New Year, probably.

• Advertisement

While I'm watching the latest episode I find out that next week is the series finale, as the show has been cancelled

https://twitter.com/DavidMLatt/status/1076311676620685312

Not surprised really it was a fun show to start with however like all zombie shows there is no real ending that can happen the world is over and eventually everyone will die and turn into a Zombie.

At least this show tried to have fun along the way unlike the more famous show.

Going by next week's title and the fact they had a couple of the cast there as if it was during production, maybe they found out in time to wrap things up.

And so it ends. Seemed like it was ended as a finale but left open a bit. Happy enough with the ending though

Advertisement