Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fence

• 01-08-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I have approx 2100 feet of fencing to be done at back of house. The fencing runs in a straight line, then runs at a right angle to the side of the house.
    What would be the most cost effective way of doing this pvc/timber. Will have to get someone in to do it as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

.if you have that much land then its going to cost a lot of money. i did one side of my back garden which is about 70 feet with treated fence posts and overlapping panels and i reckon it cost me about €700 all in. Timber, cement etc. looks well.
    So for your garden youll need 30 times that so €21,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

That's serious money. Will have to get some fast growing hedging as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Someeet

Contact fencingni.com for a decent quote. Their website isn't properly formatted yet but don't let that put you off!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

leeside11 wrote: »
    I have approx 2100 feet of fencing to be done at back of house. The fencing runs in a straight line, then runs at a right angle to the side of the house.
    What would be the most cost effective way of doing this pvc/timber. Will have to get someone in to do it as well.

Are the measurements you quote correct? That's over half a kilometre of fencing..

I created 100m of fencing with 6" posts and treated timber uprights and cost over 4,000 so yours is going to be expensive whichever way you approach it.

Good fences make great neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

[qu enough siteeote="GG66;91597618"]Are the measurements you quote correct? That's over half a kilometre of fencing..

I created 100m of fencing with 6" posts and treated timber uprights and cost over 4,000 so yours is going to be expensive whichever way you approach it.

Good fences make great neighbours[/quote]

Measured it with a Stanley tape at 300 feet intervals. Its a big enough site.
    Looking into planting hedging as an alternative now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement