Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Health Insurance

Options
  • 01-08-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,

I just got a new job with a company that pays health insurance. I have been paying private health insurance with over 15 years. I just phoned the company now to let them know that I would be cancelling my policy when starting new job this month and was informed that it will be fine to cancel but that they have already paid the government levy in full on my behalf and that since the policy only started on 1st April that we will have to refund them for remaining 7 months of government levy which is €399 per adult and €135 per child. This works out at €701.75 for us.
    Can this be right? If so, then we won't have that money to pay back.
    Can anyone help me please???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Unforunately, this is 100% correct and is per your plans terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Are both with the same insurance company?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cowlips

Unfortunately not. I'm with GloHealth and company policy is with VHI. I am gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Glo will let you switch to another Glo plan mid term so you can switch to their Net One plan for the rest of the year, this might be less expensive than paying the cancellation fee.

Advertisement