Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Phone Repair??

Options
  • 01-08-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    A month ago now I sent my phone to be repaired with O2..

I was told it would take 10 days and after constantly contacting them, I was assured it would be back in store on Wednesday gone..

I called into my local store and the girl checked the system for me and told me it hadn't been sent back, it hadn't even been fixed.

She went on to tell me they couldn't fix it, so they sent it to the UK. The UK then returned the phone to Dublin, the phone wasn't fixed so they sent it back to the UK again.

I wasn't informed of any of this and I'm wondering should I not of been informed before it was sent away again and I could've refused and asked for a replacement based on the "not permanently fixed" the first time from the consumer act.
    Or, can the fact that they've never actually returned it cancel that.

just so frustrated as it's an expensive phone and I have an expensive plan that I'm still paying for even though I haven't had a phone for a month.

What do you think, should I be looking for a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A repair should take a reasonable amount of time to effect, and in my opinion, 10 working days is more than fair.

I'd remind them of this, and tell them that since they are taking an unreasonable amount of time to repair, that you are now seeking a refund or replacement. Perhaps have this discussion first, and then follow up in a registered letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Just to update thig guys, I haven't gotten my phone back.
    Instead of giving me a replacement like I have repeatedly asked for,they credited my account with 50e(which I never asked for)

It's now almost 6 weeks and I can't get an answer from the care team despite asking the past 3 days in a row

Time for a registered letter to the store manager and head office giving them XX working days to resolve, then start a Small Claims court case once the time expires.

6 weeks is ridiculous.

dudara wrote: »
    Time for a registered letter to the store manager and head office giving them XX working days to resolve, then start a Small Claims court case once the time expires.

6 weeks is ridiculous.

It is still in the UK being repaired. It has been there close to 3 weeks now, they obviously can't fix it and don't want to pay out to give me a new one.
    I haven't been in touch with the store manager, just the customer care through o2 and facebook.

javagal wrote: »
    It is still in the UK being repaired. It has been there close to 3 weeks now, they obviously can't fix it and don't want to pay out to give me a new one.

This isn't really your concern - all you should care about is that they haven't returned it to you in a timely manner or offered any other options.
    javagal wrote:
    I haven't been in touch with the store manager, just the customer care through o2 and facebook.

You need to start escalating this issue now - forget Facebook. Ring customer care and ask to speak to a manager. If no joy, then registered letter to HQ with all the details demanding resolution.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    This isn't really your concern - all you should care about is that they haven't returned it to you in a timely manner or offered any other options.

You need to start escalating this issue now - forget Facebook. Ring customer care and ask to speak to a manager. If no joy, then registered letter to HQ with all the details demanding resolution.

Hi Dudara,
    So I was promised that my phone would be back by today.
    So I rang, they found it still broken on inspection in Dublin, asked to speak to a manager and I was fobbed off. They wouldn't entertain my asking for a replacement, so what should I write to the head office?
    They offered me an upgrade, that was the best they offered. Which meant paying 439euro for a phone for a 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

javagal wrote: »
    Which meant paying 439euro for a phone for a 12 month contract

Id put that in a letter to the store manager. Trying to sell you something rather than return your phone.

There are some sample templates available on Consumer Help which should help get you started.

I would change the wording in the last paragraph to be stronger though, as you have already been waiting long enough.
    Due to the already lengthy timeframe, I expect resolution of this issue within 10 working days. If you wish to discuss by phone, I am contactable by telephone/mobile at (insert daytime number if available –optional). If I do not receive resolution, I will proceed to initiate a claim via the Small Claims Court.

Update:
    I reported them to comreg and send an email to customer care and told them I was following up with a registered letter. Didn't need to as they are now sending me a new HTC one m8 yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gerboy167

I am having a very similar experience with the three shop in grafton street of course same company now but the above advice is helpful so thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement