Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling with Gear Q

• 01-08-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hi.

An odd question about travelling with some gear. Bringing my Camera, GoPro and lenses with me to Corfu next week. That's fine but I was wondering about what I'll do about storage. Gonna fill up the GoPro pretty quickly with footage I think and Would rather not bring my Macbook with me if possible and was wondering if lads knew how I could get video and camera data onto an external HDD that would be great. Are there devices you could get do people know or even a way I could use my phone (HTC One M8) or an iPad as the middle mad when transferring?

Should I just buy I load of SD cards instead or is there another way?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Sometimes a hotel computer could be used, I guess, to transfer images from camera to external HDD. Not sure though, since I have never done it. I always bring a laptop with me (as much for photo storage, as for entertainment too).

But, I would still bring as much memory as possible, in as many cards as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Paulw wrote: »
    Sometimes a hotel computer could be used, I guess, to transfer images from camera to external HDD. Not sure though, since I have never done it. I always bring a laptop with me (as much for photo storage, as for entertainment too).

But, I would still bring as much memory as possible, in as many cards as you can.

God yeah. Even an internet cafe or something. Never thought of that. I normally bring the laptop too but the amount of other crap I have with me is putting me off. The thoughts of losing it all in one bag (touch wood) terrifies me!

I have two sd cards of 16gb each. Should be more than enough if I bring the HDD as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Thats exactly what I need. Pity I wouldn't have it in time! Heading to Dublin on Wednesday I wonder would anyone stock something similar up there?

Advertisement