If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for more info and av receiver and speakers

Options
  • 01-08-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to replace my home cinema system and looking down the route of setting up my own instead of an all in one system.

I have been looking threw many reviews and asking around and came to these two.

Wharfedale DX1 HCP 5.1 and Yamaha RXV 375.

I would be using them along with my media center pc and my ps4. From what i could find out about both these setups is they would fit well for not only movies/tv shows/games but also music as well am i right in saying this?

I have checked out richersounds.ie as its the only place i could find that would deliver to my address in Dublin and it comes to 619 euro. I am going to need speaker cables as well but i am unsure which i need to setup between these two.

Any more info or help on what ive mentioned would be great !

Thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

I am looking to replace my home cinema system and looking down the route of setting up my own instead of an all in one system.

I have been looking threw many reviews and asking around and came to these two.

Wharfedale DX1 HCP 5.1 and Yamaha RXV 375.

I would be using them along with my media center pc and my ps4. From what i could find out about both these setups is they would fit well for not only movies/tv shows/games but also music as well am i right in saying this?

I have checked out richersounds.ie as its the only place i could find that would deliver to my address in Dublin and it comes to 619 euro. I am going to need speaker cables as well but i am unsure which i need to setup between these two.

Any more info or help on what ive mentioned would be great !

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

You're looking at a great system there, the Yamaha is by far one of the best amps under the £200 mark.  The Wharfdales sound great too so they both work well together.

The system would be grand for what you need, nice all rounded so good for both cinema and music.  Though I'm going to throw another option in here, mainly because we're doing a cracking deal on them at the moment.  I'm thinking the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack would be a great option for what you need.  Absolutely fantastic speaker pack, couldn't recommend them enough.  We're currently offering them for £499.95 (down from £699.95) 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/mass-5.1/moni-audio-mass

Have a look at these and let me know what you think :)

For cabling you'll need speaker cable for your fronts, center and rears.  For the subwoofer you'll need a dedicated sublink cable.  Then obviously HDMIs etc for your sources.  

We stock all of the above so if you can let me know how much cable you need, and how far the sub will be from the amp I'll see what I can work out for you.  

Chris 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

You're looking at a great system there, the Yamaha is by far one of the best amps under the £200 mark.  The Wharfdales sound great too so they both work well together.

The system would be grand for what you need, nice all rounded so good for both cinema and music.  Though I'm going to throw another option in here, mainly because we're doing a cracking deal on them at the moment.  I'm thinking the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack would be a great option for what you need.  Absolutely fantastic speaker pack, couldn't recommend them enough.  We're currently offering them for £499.95 (down from £699.95) 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/mass-5.1/moni-audio-mass

For cabling you'll need speaker cable for your fronts, center and rears.  For the subwoofer you'll need a dedicated sublink cable.  Then obviously HDMIs etc for your sources.  

We stock all of the above so if you can let me know how much cable you need, and how far the sub will be from the amp I'll see what I can work out for you.  

Chris 

Thanks for getting back to me Chris.

As it is I'm going to have to figure out how much money I'll need plus I'll need to sell my current system first. I'm just planning everything first getting some idea what I'll need etc.

I might be moving to smaller place over the next month or so which is why I was planning this.

Anyway the speakers you mentioned would push the price even higher like I said I'll need to plan where I'll be getting the 600 from in the first place! Ha

Right now I'm just looking into everything so I no what my best option s are as I've never set up a system like this before.

Hi there,

Chris 

Thanks for getting back to me Chris.

As it is I'm going to have to figure out how much money I'll need plus I'll need to sell my current system first. I'm just planning everything first getting some idea what I'll need etc.

I might be moving to smaller place over the next month or so which is why I was planning this.

Anyway the speakers you mentioned would push the price even higher like I said I'll need to plan where I'll be getting the 600 from in the first place! Ha

Right now I'm just looking into everything so I no what my best option s are as I've never set up a system like this before.
    Hi again,

Not a problem.

If the budget is tight then the 375 and Wharfdale pack would be a great system.  Excellent sound without breaking the bank account, you're defiantly on to a winner there.

We could offer the 375 and Wharfdale pack delivered for just £439.95 / €571.36.

When you know how much cable etc you'll need we can have a look and see what we can do there for you too :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hi again,

Not a problem.

If the budget is tight then the 375 and Wharfdale pack would be a great system.  Excellent sound without breaking the bank account, you're defiantly on to a winner there.

When you know how much cable etc you'll need we can have a look and see what we can do there for you too :)

Chris

That's great thanks for all your help I'll have to look into it a bit more see how much I'll get for my current system and then sort the living arrangements out ha! I'm interested though so I'll keep everything in mind!

Hi again,

Not a problem.

Chris

That's great thanks for all your help I'll have to look into it a bit more see how much I'll get for my current system and then sort the living arrangements out ha! I'm interested though so I'll keep everything in mind!
    Not a problem at all :)

Good luck with the sale.  Have a great weekend!

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.