Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22

Options
  • 01-08-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

lately i really want to get a ruger 10/22
    but a few wks ago i seen the nargc mention something about the gardai trying to get semi-auto rifles banned or something like that ?

would it be pointless getting one as if they banned them say next year i'd be out of pocket for it ?

opinions please

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Buy one, license it, shoot it, and enjoy it.

There is a huge thread here if you have the stomach to wade through the pile of crap and speculation that it contains. I gave up on it as there are only so many fires you can put out before you need to let people that are playing with the matches, get burned.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

ok i just checked the nargc site
    it says nothing about semi auto rimfire only centrefires, so f**k it shopping this weekend :D
    gonna get a .22 air rifle too :-)

"A coalition of shooting groups has formed to fight fresh proposals by An Garda Siochana to ban a number of classes of firearms. At present, the Gardai have submitted proposals to the Minister for Justice seeking new legislation to ban almost all handguns which are currently licensed, including centre fire and most of those .22 calibres which are on the Garda Commissioner’s list of unrestricted handguns. In addition, the proposals seek the banning of all pump action and semi-automatic shotguns which are capable of holding more than three rounds and all semi-automatic centre fire rifles. "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not being short with ya lad, but the Gardaí propose recommendations every year. They have to by law (among other Garda related topics/issues). What the Minister decides to do is up to him her.

I'm not going to derail this thread by starting a second one like the one i linked to above. Just know you're safe in going out and buying yourself a Ruger.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

kenneths wrote: »
    ...trying to get semi-auto rifles banned or something like that ?

Probably some chatter about banning semi-auto centerfires, not rimfires, but who knows.

Go ahead - pull the trigger and buy. Life is too short for the shoulda-coulda-woulda game. You will not regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭loonymoony

I just applied for my licence for a 10/22. Nice custom build planned for it,just go for it mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

cheers lads. gonna get the 10/22 Takedown

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jhon boy

well if its a semi ur after go for the marlin model 60 its lighter slimmer but does not look as cool with after market parts plus the marlins are around 220 euro brand new only down side they are tube feed ...... the garda will never ban semi's if they allow .22 pistiols if the ban them AGAIN then id fear for the semi rifle but for now your safe ....plus the marlin will shot tighter groups the 10/22 is at her limits at 50 yards

Advertisement