Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meath v Armagh, Saturday 5pm, Sky Sports 3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Let me be the first to say Im a really big fan of Mick O Dowd and the current management set up but if Im being completely honest they need to take a lot of the flack for today's loss. I just cant understand why they would decide to double mark Jamie Clarke when;

(1) Keoghan was doing well on him single handedly for the first 35 mins
    (2) we were winning the majority of kickouts when both teams were forced to kick it long

by playing a sweeper for the 2nd 35 mins it allowed Armagh to take short kickouts and destroy us down the field. A sweeper is no good when the runs are coming from the Armagh Half back line.

Then when we need a goal we bring on Dalton McDonagh and walace....No Disrespect to the lads but they are far too light for this level and the Armagh boy must have been delighted to see them coming on for the 2 Brays.

Im terribly disappointed

Agreed. How could any manager posibly think that little Joey Wallace would be a viable option against the Armagh defence in those conditions? It really does smack of clueless and, perhaps, lazy management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

http://balls.ie/gaa/gif-stephen-harold-lucky-escape-yellow-card/

I thought he was very lucky to escape a red - GAA refs are always reluctant to give reds early on in a game and I think Harold was lucky this was 2-3 minutes in as opposed to 2-3 minutes from the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Fair dues to Armagh yesterday, theyre well organised and know exactly how to play to the way they are set up. Meath on the other hand, well the less said about the shambles of a set up tactically the better. I honestly believe if we had a team that was as organised as Armagh were we would go a lot further.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Avernas

As far as I can see anyone who fancied a stale Meath side to beat a very young hungry Armagh side who are only on the up and are no we're near there prime as a team were delusional, any team who beats cavan,draws with the ulster champions of 2013 and beats tyrone and beats Roscommon easily are not going to be an easy team to beat, I expected Armagh to beat Meath comfortably which they did and I expected Monaghan to beat Kildare which they did, if Armagh were playing Monaghan next week I'd expect them to go through,Donegal tho might be a step to far for this team but who knows,# onelifeoneclub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Up until yesterday I always thought Meath had the worst fans but Armagh are much worse. The abuse they give their own players is sickening. Had the gf with me as well and she was very put out by their general behavior. Would not like to see them go any further tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Donegal took many a beating from Armagh, never had a problem with their fans tbh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Up until yesterday I always thought Meath had the worst fans but Armagh are much worse. The abuse they give their own players is sickening. Had the gf with me as well and she was very put out by their general behavior. Would not like to see them go any further tbh

Was at it myself never heard any abuse from any fans on either side, was tough conditions in fairness so personally I would find it very harsh to be very critical on the players skills yesterday although I thought the skill level was still pretty good, Aaron Kernan was exceptional moving up the field with the ball in hand and the Meath players couldn't go with him, last week prob knocked the stuffing out of them, Stefan Campbell was very good aswell good talent for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I wasnt sitting around any Armagh fans during the game but was talking to some before and after and they were nice folk. It was actually a great turn out from them too theyve really got behind their team. In terms of abuse though youll always get one or two thicks following every county anyway but as I said any Armagh folk I spoke to yesterday were spot on.

rpurfield wrote: »
    I wasnt sitting around any Armagh fans during the game but was talking to some before and after and they were nice folk. It was actually a great turn out from them too theyve really got behind their team. In terms of abuse though youll always get one or two thicks following every county anyway but as I said any Armagh folk I spoke to yesterday were spot on.
    Well I agree , Iv actually found Meath and Armagh fans get on very well, and as people in general, iv many friends from Meath find them to be very nice and similar to Armagh folk, in terms of the abuse iv played football for 16 years finished up last year, abuse come from every level, club level can be worse, you grow to deal with it, generally comes from people who never kicked a ball in there lives so that's the way I look at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

For a "reality check" I would suggest attending a Laois game.

Advertisement