Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killybeg holiday in mid Aug

Options
  • 01-08-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Donegal, how are you.

So myself and wife have booked a holiday in Killybegs from Aug 16th - 23rd.

I'm looking for things to do. We have 3 boys, 6yrs, 2yrs and 9 week old :)

We are mostly just going to relax. But we'd like to do a few things. Last time I was in Donegal was 21 years ago. I was 9 and had the chicken pox. So I am looking forward to heading back up. It's been far too long and I don't plan on catching any type of pox this time.

I'm looking for things like Petting farms, relaxed boating trips, nice places to eat, national parks, heritage centres, forts, castles ect...

Was thinking of waterworld, but it wont work out with the new born.

We will take a trip up to Assaranca falls near Maghera, and a spin down to Donegal town and Bundoran. and pop on the water bus http://www.donegalbaywaterbus.com/

We will mostly be limited to 30-40 minute drives. So Letterkenny, Dungloe ect are probably a no go for us.

Any help would be great, festivals and the likes would be great. My son wants to fish, so any where we could rent rods and fish would be great too. Preferably not out on a boat (again kids ages)

Kids ages makes it difficult to find something for all. But Donegal E/SE wont fail?

Cheers,
    Nabber.

Comments

Advertisement