Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Soccer Management Games?

• 01-08-2014 5:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Well errbody. I wasn't sure whether I should ask this in the Games forum or here. I wanted to ask what's the best soccer management simulator? I don't really have any ideas or preferences though I am using an older computer so can't play the newer games with the intense graphical demands.

What would ye recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Augmerson wrote: »
    Well errbody. I wasn't sure whether I should ask this in the Games forum or here. I wanted to ask what's the best soccer management simulator? I don't really have any ideas or preferences though I am using an older computer so can't play the newer games with the intense graphical demands.

What would ye recommend?

Football Manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Fescue wrote: »
    Football Manager.

Is that the one made by EA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Football Manager.

It's the only option really. I'm pretty sure there is an option to turn off the 3D version of the match so you only get text updates.

You can also lower the size of the database and playable leagues so it's less taxing on your system.

Sports Interactive.

http://www.footballmanager.com/lang/en_GB

It used to be called Championship Manager. I have lost many months of my life to her, she's a cruel mistress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

http://www.footballmanager.com/lang/en_GB

Pretty sure you can download a demo there, should tell you if it will run on your PC or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Heres a good online management game.

http://www.xperteleven.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Championship manager 99/00. Buy your man cherno samba he is going to be a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

niallo27 wrote: »
    Championship manager 99/00. Buy your man cherno samba he is going to be a superstar.

01/02 is better. To Madeira, Quaresma, Robben and Ronaldinho and you're on a winner. Or you could just edit yourself into the game.

niallo27 wrote: »

Mads Jorgensen and Kennedy Bakircioglu do the business also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What would ye recommend?

http://www.soccermanager.com/
    Its basically Football Manager only every team is managed by actual people.
    You set tactics, make transfers deals.. Its very good. Also its a web game so you can play it on your phone.Laptop etc.. Anything will play it.

We actually have our own forum here on Boards thats very active - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1593

We have at least 70+ players and 16 teams currently available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You set tactics, make transfers deals.. Its very good. Also its a web game so you can play it on your phone.Laptop etc.. Anything will play it.

We actually have our own forum here on Boards thats very active - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1593

+1 on this great game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bring back lma manager

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Sounds great, going to PM GT_TDI_150 about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Can't go wrong with the boards.ie SM game world on soccermanager.com!

Join up and once you get to know the ropes and indeed the other managers it can be unreal crack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Can't go wrong with the boards.ie SM game world on soccermanager.com!

Join up and once you get to know the ropes and indeed the other managers it can be unreal crack!

Agree with this. Gets a bit addictive too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mads Jorgensen and Kennedy Bakircioglu do the business also.

What ever happened to him, he was a monster in the game!!!

Also Ian Moore, what a player.... He scored a bag full of goals back in the day :D:D:D

Are there any players in these games who were hidden gems back in the day and went on to become brilliant footballers?

Are there any players in these games who were hidden gems back in the day and went on to become brilliant footballers?

Zlatan Ibrahimavic was brilliant in Championship Manager as a youngster, he's done "ok" since.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Wheres the Cheapes place to get Fotball Manager?

49€ is a bit rich for my blood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It always on discount on Steam. Was half price for the entirety of the world cup

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    It always on discount on Steam. Was half price for the entirety of the world cup

Yeah And i said .." ahh ill get it some time"

Full whack now

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2014-pc-cd-key-steam

12€ with them

Couldnt leave it for that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Another +1 for soccermanager.com

For me half the enjoyment of the game is the craic in the SM forum on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Football Manager 2014 can be got for around a tenner. There are updates on the steam workshop to update all the transfers as well to deals made this summer. FM is the best €25 I spend every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Schwiiing wrote: »
    01/02 is better. To Madeira, Quaresma, Robben and Ronaldinho and you're on a winner. Or you could just edit yourself into the game.

Put myself in the game as a CAM 100+ goals a season playing for Bohs. For some reason the game won't make me FIFA player of the year. Still a fantastic game after all these years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FM and you be on here posting about the next Kerlon like he is your 2nd child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I miss LMA, I wish codemasters came back to do it again. I appreciate Football Manager but it was always too detailed for me, took too long to get anywhere, and I could never do that well in it no matter how hard I tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Arturo Vidal was the lynchpin of my multi-treble winning QPR side in FM08. At centre half though.

Although my strikeforce was Jose Baxter and Bojan :pac:

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Another +1 for soccermanager.com

For me half the enjoyment of the game is the craic in the SM forum on here.

Only Half!? Well have too bar you!!! Ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Look for championship manager 01/02 it is free and there is a community out there that updates the database so it is up to date

If anyone wants too try out www.soccermanager.com and join in with around 70 other members of boards who play the game then pm me.
    It's an easy game too play and Craic on the forum is allways good.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1593

It started of as 1 single thread a few years ago but the interest and posting frequency has seen it become it's own section on boards and also it's own mod team.

Look for championship manager 01/02 it is free and there is a community out there that updates the database so it is up to date

Just installed it there now. It's running like a dream. The memories. Talk to you you all next year sometime.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CM 03/04 was the direct cause of me dropping out of college first time around. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Premier Manager 98 was another gem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Football Manager is great but the temptation to play just one more game kills me, I'm there until 5 in the morning.

Soccermanager is great, I can't do the one more game thing so the scheduled games are a great way to do it. The rest of the time is spent getting your formation right and in the transfer market or on the forums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Liked Football Manager up until 07 or 08.Just got far too intricate and detailed for my tastes after that.Torrented this years edition and played for a few days but found it impossible!

Would love if they brought back LMA or something like it,wasted most of my teenage years on it!

Have played lots of management sims over the past 10/15 years.Premier Manager,FA Manager,Alex Ferguson's Player Manager (awful!),Champo,the terrible EA Manager (where the team can trash hotel rooms and get kidnapped!) and the first editions of FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

the latest edition of football manager had a classic mode which is a lot less detailed. might appeal to folk that don't have the time or patience to play the detailed version, but still want the modern players and features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'd vouch for this. The lads spend a lot of time updating the database twice a year. Can fly through a season.

Advertisement