Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night With Miriam - 2nd. August 9.40pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Even the ads are misery tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This post has been deleted.
    People who've already seen it have no idea how it ended either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Godfather Part III is on the other side.

More cheerful than Miriam's Misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I've only just realised The Godfather 2 is on RTE2 :(

Edit, ah it's The Godfather 3. I'm not missing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Skid X wrote: »
    And to follow Mir's Show, a repeat of Amber

I don't know what it was, but when I was watching Paul Kimmage's Rough Rider documentary I kept looking out for Amber everywhere..

6F5FD284429A3618E24BAFCBE129B8_h416_w442_m2_q80_cpdcVxXXB.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I wish Miriam would go off the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Lapin wrote: »
    The Godfather Part III is on the other side.

More cheerful than Miriam's Misery.

The movie where Al Pacino started growling instead of talking

M

The pilot being a looper or a hijacking is the most likely cause I think.

• Advertisement

just in, and I'm off- this one looks miserable (understandably)

I've only just realised The Godfather 2 is on RTE2 :(
    Edit, ah it's The Godfather 3. I'm not missing much.

Miriam made you an offer you couldn't refuse.. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I feel so sorry for this lady, her and partner could have had a great life together :(

Demand always outstrips supply when it comes to Economics teachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

It's clarice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Miriam made you an offer you couldn't refuse.. ?

Sorry about your County Footballers County Hurler !

M

I don't know what it was, but when I was watching Paul Kimmage's Rough Rider documentary I kept looking out for Amber everywhere..

Missed it myself, tried to "source it" but turns out there's a bluer by the same name, doesn't involve a lad cycling :D

If you google it there's a whole conspiracy about Philip Wood... that he sent a text message saying that he had been captured and was being held against his will..

Realistically though, I reckon that the plane will be found within the next six months... Some sort of fire on board took out the electronics (including transponder), pilots and crew incapacitated, planes flies on and crashes in the site where Inmarsat says it did...

• Advertisement

The poor Woman has been through the mill.

I wonder what she thinks flying over here to be on an Irish Talk Show will achieve. I suppose she's desperate to maintain public interest in the missing flight. Very sad, hopefully she will get some answers.

No Miriam I was hoping it was gone

I hope the audience got their fill of wine before the show started. It might numb the pain of tonight's experience.

Lapin wrote: »
    Sorry about your County Footballers County Hurler !

You know how we treat sympathy from Galway people in Kildare dont you ... :mad::mad:

Disappointed with Kildare after all the effort I made to go and see them .... (disclaimer: I went to the guy next door who has Sky Sports :pac:)

I hope the audience got their fill of wine before the show started. It might numb the pain of tonight's experience.

Have you ever tasted the free wine in RTE, Harry? It's not a bit nice.

It's uafásach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The poor Woman has been through the mill.

I wonder what she thinks flying over here to be on an Irish Talk Show will achieve. I suppose she's desperate to maintain public interest in the missing flight. Very sad, hopefully she will get some answers.

I thought that too, especially after the other Malaysian Airline flight that was brought down in the Ukraine.

• Advertisement
    M

Full house of misery, is this a first?

Great show Mir. I'm now off to slash my wrists.

Time for Dolleh on BBC Four :o:D

Where do we go from that? My god that was more depressing than the LLS and SN show put together

Have you ever tasted the free wine in RTE, Harry? It's not a bit nice.

It's uafásach.

As long as it isn't Blue Nun, I reckon I could handle it ;)

• Advertisement

Minority Report on at 11 on TV3. Very good film, although it might be a bit much for people to take after tonight's misery fest

Great show Mir. I'm now off to slash my wrists.

If you pull through, Miriam might have you on next week to discuss your experience. You'll be a TV star

Rte will soon have to hire Graham from the Jeremy Kyle show for guests and the Audience

Missed it myself, tried to "source it" but turns out there's a bluer by the same name, doesn't involve a lad cycling :D

I'll send you a copy if you want... of either or both.... ;)

Seriously folks, if you have been affected by anything in this show please talk to the BAI (Broadcasting Authority of Ireland).

http://www.bai.ie/?page_id=115

or

samaritans.jpg

Who's up for a second round of amber.. I'm having another round of the amber nectar as a pick me up after Miriam...

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Seriously folks, if you have been affected anything in this show please talk to the BAI (Broadcasting Authority of Ireland).

http://www.bai.ie/?page_id=115

or

samaritans.jpg

Well said.

I wish Mailbag or something similar was still on air, Arthur would be getting a strongly worded letter from me about the content of RTE's Talk Shows.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/1147802/

Sorry if I appear harsh but that woman has appeared on the media so many times since the disappearance of the plane. At first she was being quoted everywhere that her partner was definitely alive somewhere because she 'could feel it' - and later she gave numerous interviews about their relationship and her sense of loss etc. When Miriam said she would be speaking to someone about the loss of a loved one on MH370 I knew it just had to be her again.

For those with the channel GOLD, cheer yerselves up with everything by Steve Coogan!

You'll laugh quite literally, like a drain :)

inthehat wrote: »
    Sorry if I appear harsh but that woman has appeared on the media so many times since the disappearance of the plane. At first she was being quoted everywhere that her partner was definitely alive somewhere because she 'could feel it' - and later she gave numerous interviews about their relationship and her sense of loss etc. When Miriam said she would be speaking to someone about the loss of a loved one on MH370 I knew it just had to be her again.
    It's just the stages of grief, she was probably in denial before. I feel so sorry for her, they obviously had a nice life planned and now he is gone :(

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It's just the same stages of grief, she was probably in denial before. I feel so sorry for her, they obviously had a nice life planned and not he is gone :(
    Yea you're probably right MrsD - It's just me being cynical. I'm always a bit critical of people who seem to be getting a lot of limelight on the tails of a tragedy. It may be just her way of dealing with it.

Well said.

I wish Mailbag or something similar was still on air, Arthur would be getting a strongly worded letter from me about the content of RTE's Talk Shows.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/1147802/

I wrote a strongly worded letter to Arthur back in the day, but he never read it out. I was tempted to write another strongly worded letter to complain about my strongly worded letter not being read out, but I realised I would've been wasting my time.

I wrote a strongly worded letter to Arthur back in the day, but he never read it out. I was tempted to write another strongly worded letter to complain about my strongly worded letter not being read out, but I realised I would've been wasting my time.

Maybe you worded (either or both) two strongly...

inthehat wrote: »
    Yea you're probably right MrsD - It's just me being cynical. I'm always a bit critical of people who seem to be getting a lot of limelight on the tails of a tragedy. It may be just her way of dealing with it.
    I can understand your thinking but I feel it's her way of dealing this tragedy. He was the love of her life :( Perhaps she feels all the media interviews keeps the pressure on the authorities to keep looking for answers. She just wants to find him, there must be nothing worse than a missing loved one.

Shower of basterds, Harry.

I'm just watching two editions of Mailbag on the RTE player. It's a different world. A man wants the Angelus broadcast on RTE2 as well as RTE1, in case he might miss it. Then there's a 10 minute discussion on how the St Brigid's Cross logo is too small on the RTE idents.

You should have complained that Radharc was on too early, or that you wanted a repeat of the Sunday Mass. That would have won you the IR£25 prize!

Dolly on BBC4HD

Reminds me of this :D

Thanks efb, I love Dolly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That edition of the chat show was by far the worst one put together by RTE in a long time with the highlight of singing kids from a Irish College from the west of Ireland.

Jesus RTE this is woeful stuff, get your act together ffs. :rolleyes:

Advertisement