Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy for your pet today?

• 01-08-2014 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've seen these threads in other forums and they seem to work well. Like many people I never know I need something until someone else has bought it ;) :pac:

So I'll get the ball rolling

Barking Heads Puppy Days chicken & salmon (still trying to find the perfect food for the dachshunds)
    2 Feel free soft harnesses (only £3.99 each so they could be rubbish but I'm waiting until they get a bit bigger to buy them decent harnesses)
    Kong squeaker balls (medium x3 and large x2)
    2 10m long training leads (using trailing leads to get the puppies used to being in our yard with no leads on)
    Markus Muhle NaturNah for the GSDs
    Herrmann's organic menu 5+1 mutton for the GSDs
    Herrmann's organic menu 5+1 beef for the GSDs
    All from zooplus.

So, what did you buy your pet today?

(Mods might like to include some guidelines in relation to obvious shilling and the like)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

350 Euro worth of canned dog food :):) First time that i have seen any in this country for two years, so basically purchased the shops whole supply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

windbreak! we're off to the international agility festival next week and these will be used to help the terriers not see some of the other 2,000 or so other dogs there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Crickets for my beardies €8
    Plants for the fish tank €56
    Bag of canagan for the dog €84.99

Went in for the crickets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

windbreak! we're off to the international agility festival next week and these will be used to help the terriers not see some of the other 2,000 or so other dogs there :P

Ooh, where's that on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

muddypaws wrote: »
    Ooh, where's that on?

it's in England next weekend, biggest agility competition in the world :D

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/events/international-agility-festival/

there is about 30/40 Irish competitors heading over, we went last year as well and had a brilliant time. The club I train with is like a big friendly family and the big thing we all have in common is a great love for our dogs, so going away with them and my 2 dogs is the highlight of my year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

You know... my boyfriend challenged me not to buy anything for the dogs for a whole week. Nearly cracked today... and it's only day one lol.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Ended up having to buy Clinivet for the puppies yesterday as I was waiting on a delivery.
    Loki turned his nose up at it completely and Thor only ate a little bit so definitely not one I'll be buying again.
    Our local pet shop had buy one get one half price so I'm going to put the full bag and the almost full bag in the donation bin at our vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Beef liver and lambs heart yesterday. Now dried and in their treat jar as a particularly stinky (therefore effective) treat.

James Wellbeloved wet pouches for kong stuffing with their dry food. The dog trainer recommended a kong each in separate crates for the puppies to help with their training and behaviour so we started them with the kongs today (€13.50 each for the large! We normally buy online but needed these immediately for training), they were a bit not bothered at first as I had them packed too tightly but they figured them out fairly quickly when the food started spilling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Chinchilla food, Cat Food, Dog food on Monday, New collar and name tag for Vogue because she keeps losing them! I'll probably come out of the shop with a bunch of treats too!

Good luck In the agility Belongtojazz! I'd love to sign Alli up for agility classes, she's fast enough and definetely loud enough to participate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Some more Blue Buffalo cat food so they can live for another month and three new mousies. I have so many fancy toys for them, but they love those cheap little mousies the most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got a huge toy mouse/scratchy toy for my parents cats. The 'stray' loves it apparently and wrestles it on the floor. The 'stray' sleeps on my dads bed for hours sometimes and turns up for food 4 times a day every day. He gets on with the other 3, 1 of which is another 'stray' who is almost always asleep on a recliner in the living room whenever I visit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

a tray of royal canin diabetic dog food, insulin and eyedrops lucky dog!! I'll get him some treats soon he deserves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

This weeks entire pay check went on 15kg of applaws and 24 packs of ID. Lucky I love my cats :D

2 packs of James Wellbeloved Crackerjacks which came with a free storage container,
    A pet ottoman in Homestore+more €9.99 in the monthly sale
    A car back seat protector €7.99 in Homestore+more monthly sale which fits really well and has cut out slots for seatbelts
    And 2 little jackets for the puppies which were only €10 each in Pet Stop in Blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

2 bags of cat litter and 2 battery operated vibrating bug toys. The toys are great, 1 is a bee and makes a buzzing sound, the other is a ladybird. The 4 of them are fascinated by them. Felix attacked the bee, Toby's only seen it from a distance and Poppy and Jazzy are a bit suspicious of them. :)

The XL kongs for the puppies arrived today from zooplus.
    I also got some Rocco food, after seeing it recommended on here. I got the chicken and chicken hearts for the GSDs and I got the puppy chicken for the puppies. The GSDs would eat anything so they wolfed it down. The puppies got it in their XL kongs for the first time and they loved it. One is better than the other with the kong but I think it might just take a bit of time to get used to having to work for their dinner.

I also got 2 Trixie treat bags that clip onto your trousers for when I'm out walking with the puppies, only ₤1.99 each on zooplus. I put poop bags, the clicker and then a small plastic bag with either ham or chicken, for their training when I'm out walking them, into it and it all fits in well, really handy for keeping your hands free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

today, whiskas temptations, she just loves them. also waiting on an order of applaws wet and dry for her from Petworld direct..

Still trying to settle on a wet food for the puppies so going to give Lily's Kitchen a go.
    I've bought the Rocco wet food for the german shepherds again because they really love it. I mix it in with their dry food, which is normally Bakers because they prefer Bakers over most other dry foods and it's really easy for us to get locally.

I also bought the puppies new harnesses (just cheapy ones until they finish their growing and then I'll probably get them Puppia harnesses), hi viz bandanas and little jumpers. All on special offer on zooplus.

_dsc1660_3.jpg

Advertisement