Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB pole

Options
  • 01-08-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out the date when a particular esb pole was erected

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have you asked ESB Networks?

There just might have been a planning application at some stage if there are pylons, but I suspect not for poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Cut it down and count the rings....

Sorry couldn't resist. If it's recent enough you'd imagine the ESB would have records but they may well be archived and not easy to access. If it's older I'd be surprised if there's any record at all but only the ESB can give you a definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Why do you need to know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 starbiscuit

We bought a site back in 2007 and I am almost 100% sure there were no cables running over our site then. We were now hoping to build and I just wondered what needs to be done regarding the overhead cables. The poles are not actually on our site but I was curious as to when they might have been erected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

If the overheads are going to a new house or group of houses it would be easy enough to find out when the houses where built. If the line was built as part of an upgrade to the networks it will mean it will have to be diverted to allow you to build at your expense. Just bear in mind when you do build you will have a pole in your garden anyway. New connection agreement states the end pole must be on your property for access.

• Advertisement
Advertisement