Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoax Russian parachutes 1998

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yep, I remember seeing them in the park on the way to school one morning. I was late (as usual) so didn't have much time to stop an investigate but definitely remember seeing them. Obviously it was 16 years ago but I think they had testtubes taped to them.

Some arts organisation (possibly Red Kettle, but open to correction) placed them in the park overnight which was fine, but people started to get worried that they might be some sort of weapon test. Then the authorities got involved and the arts organisation didn't say anything for 2 or 3 days and they got a lot of criticism for it.

It opened the door for people to say is this what arts funding goes into etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Wasn't as bad as the pig heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

The parachutes was Garter Lane. They were also responsible for the hundreds of scratch cards in the library - remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Tallcarrie wrote: »
    The parachutes was Garter Lane. They were also responsible for the hundreds of scratch cards in the library - remember that?

Yeah I do remember that actually. I remember coming back from holidays and it was on the front page of the Daily Mirror or some other rag. If I remember correctly they were winning scratch cards, some for a decent amount of money? Just wondering how they could afford to do that??? :confused:

Advertisement