Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rifle!!! CZ 452 Stock Refinish Pics

Options
  • 01-08-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Well lads firstly id like to thanks all the lads that helped me out over the past year with everything... especially Cass great help and a sound man and the others who sent me pellets ,cci boxes etc :)

Still waiting on my licence its been a week after sed hed look at the mess up :confused:
    Rang today other gaurd left a note hopefully its not gona be too long :(

I was going to wait until i did a bit of hunting but sure could take another 10 years haha :pac:

Not every 17 year old has a gun as nice as this id say :D
    So heres the specs on her :) Picture 3 has a good pic of the refinished stock!
    Shes 9 years old i know but looks brand new now!!! :cool:

CZ 452 LUX 2E ZKM .22 Long Rifle
    Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4-12X50 IR MilDot Scope
    Harris Swivel Bipod
    Parker Hale Rimfire Suppressor
    Allen Sling
    Ultrafire xml-t6

Enjoy :)

f5jlS1.jpg

Ct7XGJ.jpg

ZUalG8.jpg

Bigger images same order:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Best of luck with the new gun.

Just one piece of advice. ..... know your backstop. The .22 is not like your air rifle. It packs a lot more punch.

Happy shooting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

She is looking perfect kid. Nice shine and a deep colour which i like in a stock.

You'll get the license soon enough and get shooting. As a side note the FO is not back in until Sunday morning. Drop down, and don't ring. Bring your Mother and get it sorted there and then. Bring license, etc.

Might be an idea to ring tomorrow though and confirm the time he starts at.

Again nice job with the rifle.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭loonymoony

Nice rifle best of luck mate

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Will do cass the gaurd i rang today left a note on his desk!!!or call again?

Thanks lads stock was done with the birchwood and casey kit took nearly a month if anyone was wondering! :)

Tested out the light an hour ago not bad picked up a fox 80 yards away too bad i didnt have the rifle haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I know you'll have to try a few different rounds to see which suits your rifle best but in the one I had exact same as yours I found that most subsonics were good with same POI of as POA in a lot of the brands or at the most only a click or two in the difference

In the supersonic rounds each brand / weight tended to be much different in POI to POA as you would espect.

Personally I found that the Remington Yellow Jacket Hyper Velocity was the best supersonic in my 2E ZKM a one hole group. IIRC they were 36gr and about 1400 fps but am open to correction on this. If you do end up using this round and you hit a rabbit anywhere except the head don't be expecting much meat left on it.

Good luck with it lovely looking kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

I like the subs very accurate i tried cci and Winchester i like the Winchester might buy a few boxes of everything i can find to test them then stick to one,I am happy that the federals they are group not bad for the price good target practice and only 7c a shot

On the note of high velocity i got 2 packs of stingers 1640fps and 32 grains i cant wait to try them out they group nicely too.Big Difference at 50 yards between subs and stingers Poi wise!

Advertisement