Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New community run website for Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 01-08-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys I'm shooting this out here to see if there would be anyone interested in being a contributor to a website I've recently set up with the intention of trying to promote dun Laoghaire in the best way possible online.

The purpose of this is mainly due to the fact that I'm incredibly attached to the town and surrounding areas and want to try add more life by giving it a solid online presence.

I'm a business and management student so have a keen interest in digital marketing and the promotion of small business. However I do lack The creative flair in terms of photography and content creation. I would love if there was anyone out there with an interest to help build upon this site with me and hopefully a few others. I don't intend on running this site for profit or any sorts just to help rebuild our struggling town. The site is keepingitdl.com have a look and tell me what you think.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Looks like just a Blog

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hayeso

uch wrote: »
    Looks like just a Blog

Thanks for the reply. It is a blog yes my bad for saying website and misinforming you. Of course it's a blog you're right to point that out. If it were a website I wouldn't be able to update content it would purely be static.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

hayeso wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. It is a blog yes my bad for saying website and misinforming you. Of course it's a blog you're right to point that out. If it were a website I wouldn't be able to update content it would purely be static.

Wow, who stole the jam from your doughnut? :confused:

Yeah, because websites are etched in stone and without editing facilities...

There are a number of community and business forums, websites and blogs already in operation about Dun Laoghaire, but I'm sure people will flock to your endeavour and contribute their time and effort to your website blog. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

hayeso wrote: »
    If it were a website I wouldn't be able to update content it would purely be static.

Sorry what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hayeso

My apologies I'm completely wrong and misinformed in what I said. The intention definitely is to have it run more as a blog rather than a website. It's set up as a personal interest and hobby more so than anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement