Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army surplus. The curragh??

Options
  • 01-08-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi there does any one of a army surplus shop at the curragh. My mate said there used to be one but not sure if it still there.
    If it is there is it any good. Good value, good quality. Thats sort of stuff.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup.

Now i'm not 100% certain this is the same place your mate is talking about or the one i went to.

Went to it once, but never actually ended up going in. Long story, for another thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

PRO TAC.
    In the Curragh camp down from the post office and opposite the military vechicle museuem beside the CENTRA[?] supermarket.Was still in operation last Sept when I was there..
    Hmmm a sort of eclectic shop doing everything from Airfix kits to bits of necessary add on kit for the army lads.With all sorts of stuff in between you would expect to find in a surplus shop.Most of it is the real Mc Coy,not cheap Chinese knock off kit.Expect the usual brands of average expensive rubbish kit too .They supposedly make custom bits of kit for the Irish army,and the few odd bits I bought is well made,but they just take AGES to make it.

Owner and resident crowd can be a bit tiresome with great tales of derring do relating to experiances with certain bits of equipment,just get over it,it seems to be an occupational hazard with some army surplus stores and gun store owners.

Prices are on the "irish " side of things [High because we have it and you cant get it anywhere else in Ireland]

Rates a "Meh..Have a looksee if I'm passing and not in a rush someplace."

Can surprise sometimes with something exotic,but its potluck,and I have seen better betimes in the Capel St stores in Dublin.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    PRO TAC.
    In the Curragh camp down from the post office and opposite the military vechicle museuem beside the CENTRA[?] supermarket.Was still in operation last Sept when I was there..
    Hmmm a sort of eclectic shop doing everything from Airfix kits to bits of necessary add on kit for the army lads.With all sorts of stuff in between you would expect to find in a surplus shop.Most of it is the real Mc Coy,not cheap Chinese knock off kit.Expect the usual brands of average expensive rubbish kit too .They supposedly make custom bits of kit for the Irish army,and the few odd bits I bought is well made,but they just take AGES to make it.

Owner and resident crowd can be a bit tiresome with great tales of derring do relating to experiances with certain bits of equipment,just get over it,it seems to be an occupational hazard with some army surplus stores and gun store owners.

Prices are on the "irish " side of things [High because we have it and you cant get it anywhere else in Ireland]

Rates a "Meh..Have a looksee if I'm passing and not in a rush someplace."

Can surprise sometimes with something exotic,but its potluck,and I have seen better betimes in the Capel St stores in Dublin.

Thanks for that. Are them shops in dublin any good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

http://www.militarysurplus.ie/ is a very good newish surplus shop in the suburbs of Dublin.

Nice guy who owns it, leaves you alone to have a root through the extensive stock. Mainly clothes, but a few other bits and pieces. Free parking outside the door. Decent prices, I got a Danish Flecktarn jacket for the same price that I found online in England.

No connection, happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

Good and bad stuff really. However they usually have a good selection and you have a good chance of finding something useful. I've always bargained a bit as well if you are buying a good few quids worth. Pay cash and they will knock off a few euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    http://www.militarysurplus.ie/ is a very good newish surplus shop in the suburbs of Dublin.

Nice guy who owns it, leaves you alone to have a root through the extensive stock. Mainly clothes, but a few other bits and pieces. Free parking outside the door. Decent prices, I got a Danish Flecktarn jacket for the same price that I found online in England.

No connection, happy customer.

You can see what for sale in the shop here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8dpSYjEL0c

Advertisement