Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pampers [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

is this a good deal for pampers - 148 for €29.99. ive just had my first kid and still dont know the price of nappies!

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-markettown-9-246/42091865

No! Try and get as close to 10c per nappy as possible! Check out amazon. They regularly have size 1 and size 2 boxes for £6 for 74 nappies. If you sign up to amazon family you get an extra 20% off. Otherwise subscribe and save and get an extra 5% off! If your baby is in size 1s or size 2s I found aldi to be the best. Children's allowance is coming up so tesco usually do BOGOF on large packs pampers baby dry (size 3 and up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Dunnes have a deal on Pampers at the mo.
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/offer5/food-wine/fcp-category/home

Pique wrote: »

In size 3 and up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Millem wrote: »
    No! Try and get as close to 10c per nappy as possible! Check out amazon. They regularly have size 1 and size 2 boxes for £6 for 74 nappies. If you sign up to amazon family you get an extra 20% off. Otherwise subscribe and save and get an extra 5% off! If your baby is in size 1s or size 2s I found aldi to be the best. Children's allowance is coming up so tesco usually do BOGOF on large packs pampers baby dry (size 3 and up).

Thanks for this - did you continue with the Amazon Family subscription after the 3 months free trial runs out or is / was it worth paying the 79GBP subscription? Not due until Decemeber, I'm wondering if I should hold off to sign up for the free 3 months until then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I find amazon best but i just wait for cheapest prices. Never tried family as bit scared about being charged for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Buy from Lidl. The ultra thin ones in Lidl are the best nappies that we have tried (4 brands including pampers). They are around 14 cent each. TBH, the pampers ones are not that good.

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Thanks for this - did you continue with the Amazon Family subscription after the 3 months free trial runs out or is / was it worth paying the 79GBP subscription? Not due until Decemeber, I'm wondering if I should hold off to sign up for the free 3 months until then?

No I cancelled after 3 month trial! As tbh it is really only good for size 1s and 2s. Don't sign up till prices for pampers are low (like the driver said!). The discount is capped anyway at £50 per month so I would just stock up on what you need. In the next month or so you will have an indication of how big the baby might be so this will dictate how many boxes of 1s you will need. My baby was 8lbs 12 oz so we only used maybe 74 size 1s. Budget for 8 nappies a day in the early days :D the smaller the nappy number the more you get per packet, as they get bigger it will be more than 10c per nappy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I tend to be very price aware on nappies and have always found that Amazon is the best. Have been buying boxes of 206 / 198 / 174 depending on nappy size and works out approx 2c cheaper per nappy than the best offers in Tesco / Dunnes.

Over £25 = free delivery. Wipes cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

wipes are cheaper too alright on amazon. found the dunnes stores brand really good nearly as good as pampers though and are a lot cheaper

daytob wrote: »
    wipes are cheaper too alright on amazon. found the dunnes stores brand really good nearly as good as pampers though and are a lot cheaper

I find them better than pampers! They are currently on special too. 2 large packs of dunnes baby dry for €10. The offer is on till 11th August. In sizes 3 up I have never found amazon to be cheaper than BOGOF on large bags (I don't have amazon family anymore). I used to subscribe to huggies pure wipes on amazon but they don't do they anymore on subscribe and save :( OP aim to spend (max) €1 per pack on wipes! Dunnes have 9 for €9 huggies pure, but I have tried their own brand ones (white ones frangrance free) and they are grand! We don't use many wipes as we use cotton wool and water mostly.

• Advertisement

Boots had offer last year of johnsons wipes for 1 and 3 for 2 also, cleared the place out. True amazon as good as BOGOF here though i found small difference in uk vs irl pampers.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Boots had offer last year of johnsons wipes for 1 and 3 for 2 also, cleared the place out. True amazon as good as BOGOF here though i found small difference in uk vs irl pampers.

I got loads of huggies wipes €1 3 for 2 in boots at the start of this year! I didn't notice any difference in pampers tbh. They have failed us a lot recently :( I am using a combo of pampers, dunnes and lidl at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I got loads of huggies wipes €1 3 for 2 in boots at the start of this year! I didn't notice any difference in pampers tbh. They have failed us a lot recently :( I am using a combo of pampers, dunnes and lidl at the mo

We have been using pampers for the last 14 months on our fella, he is 91st percentile, eats and drinks like no tomorrow and we have only had 10 leaks and most were down to them not being put on tightly enough or when he needed the next size up.

Our fails tend to be next size up issues also.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    We have been using pampers for the last 14 months on our fella, he is 91st percentile, eats and drinks like no tomorrow and we have only had 10 leaks and most were down to them not being put on tightly enough or when he needed the next size up.

They failed us big time (on number 2s) during crazy teething :( other than that they were grand but I put the dunnes on at night. Even as a tiny baby I used only aldi at night as he was a great sleeper and slept through from 8 weeks! I always rotate brands during the day though so the nappy isn't hitting him in the same parts and touch wood we have had no red bums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

My young lad has been sleeping 7pm to 6am/ 7am for the last 9 months and the nappy does him the night, he only has a red bum when he is teething and thankfully no rashes even the mornings when we pick him up and it's like he is smuggling a toilet toll in his vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

The last time I price checked boots own brand nappies were cheapest on the 3 for 2 deal- cheaper than aldi and if I correct it worked out at 8c per nappy. They are a brill nappy! And they deliver free order is over €50.

garden wrote: »
    The last time I price checked boots own brand nappies were cheapest on the 3 for 2 deal- cheaper than aldi and if I correct it worked out at 8c per nappy. They are a brill nappy! And they deliver free order is over €50.

Yes they are cheapest if on 3 for 2 but offer that is on at the mo for size 3 and up is 2 for €13 which is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

It's hard to find good deals on newborn and small size nappies i think. The supermarkets tend to have BOGOF deals, but are usually on 3 and upwards sizes. We found pampers to be the best. We tried the own brands such that Lidl, aldi and dunnes carry, but found them all sub standard.
    When you see these deals in the supermarkets fill the basket if they allow you to. Supervalue might have an issue letting you but their deals for nappies are not as good as Tesco or Dunnes anyway. They have good deals on formula sometimes.
    I never thought of amazon for nappies, so that person is ahead of me on that one. We are coming to the end of nappies (phew..!), but if I had a newborn I would probably look into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

supervalu and tesco have bogof on new born at the mo i just got some, not due till sept

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

We are the same. 10c a nappy for pampers is the magic number.

Haven't been any great deals on Amazon lately. We are coming to the end of our stock! :o

We are the same. 10c a nappy for pampers is the magic number.

Haven't been any great deals on Amazon lately. We are coming to the end of our stock! :o

Not long till children's allowance!!! If you fancy trying out dunnes own brand they are 2 packs for €10. Size 4 I get 96 nappies for €10

Yep Dunnes are great. We use the Dunnes during the day and pampers at night.

We've tried nearly every own brand and the Dunnes / Pampers were the best combination for our little monkey.

Edit: Off topic, but are there any good bargains on baby wipes ? Must be a euro/pack :)

Edit 2: doh! not 1c a wipe... 1€/pack. Thanks millem.
    Not long till children's allowance!!! If you fancy trying out dunnes own brand they are 2 packs for €10. Size 4 I get 96 nappies for €10

Yep Dunnes are great. We use the Dunnes during the day and pampers at night.

We've tried nearly every own brand and the Dunnes / Pampers were the best combination for our little monkey.

Edit: Off topic, but are there any good bargains on baby wipes ? Must be a cent or less per wipe :)

1c a wipe!!!! My magic number is €1 per pack :) huggies pure only have 64 in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In case people are wondering how amazon do it, there was a sunday business post article out 5 years ago listing loads of brand and wholesale prices. Pampers were up to 150% more to irish retailers than UK ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I find Boots own brand excellent value they usual do 2 packs for €15 I remember you get either 104 nappies or 124 for that price I can't remember exactly the amount and they are really good quality nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mattcrow

Dunnes Stores' own nappies, Baby Dry, are €10 for two packs of 42. So total of 84 for a tener. I used to buy Pampers, but friend recommended Dunnes, tried, and find them honestly BETTER than Pampers.

mattcrow wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores' own nappies, Baby Dry, are €10 for two packs of 42. So total of 84 for a tener. I used to buy Pampers, but friend recommended Dunnes, tried, and find them honestly BETTER than Pampers.

Me too :) you must be buying a big size? I buy size 4 so 96 nappies for €10. Offer is on till 11th august

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mattcrow

Me too :) you must be buying a big size? I buy size 4 so 96 nappies for €10. Offer is on till 11th august

Oh, I didn't even realise the amount of nappies was dependable on the size. Yes, I'm buying size 5 :) Our daughter is now 16 months old :)

• Advertisement

mattcrow wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't even realise the amount of nappies was dependable on the size. Yes, I'm buying size 5 :) Our daughter is now 16 months old :)

Yep the bigger the size the less nappies are in the pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Cashncarry are doing 70 size 3 pampers for 9.99
    Not a special offer that's just the price

http://www.cashncarrydirect.ie/retaildirect.html
    (website is pretty useless and I'm not sure if they are anywhere other than Gorey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

We got 84 nappies in Aldi 2/3 weeks ago for a €9.49, decent nappies, easily every bit as good as Pampers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

We got 84 nappies in Aldi 2/3 weeks ago for a €9.49, decent nappies, easily every bit as good as Pampers

Apt username :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco have an offer this week on various sizes 2 to 6+
    Most are Buy one get one free at €12.99

example
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

2 packs of 60 size 2 for €12.99

just under 11 cent each

CH3OH wrote: »
    Tesco have an offer this week on various sizes 2 to 6+
    Most are Buy one get one free at €12.99

example
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

2 packs of 60 size 2 for €12.99

just under 11 cent each

Size 2 are great value. But the other sizes work out more expensive as they are the essential packs not large packs. Still though not bad if you were stuck for bigger size!

• Advertisement

Supervalu are starting same tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

I've noticed the offers on pampers getting worse the last few months.

Couple months ago the large packs were bogof, now it's the smaller essential packs.

Dunnes had the large packs for 7e,they have them for 10e now.
    I'm buying size 5and 6.

Not that long ago they used to do the jumbo boxes for a tenner!

Couple months ago the large packs were bogof, now it's the smaller essential packs.

I'm buying size 5and 6.

barneyrub wrote: »

I'm buying size 5and 6.

Yes last month was only the essential packs which are not good value for you. I have a bad feeling the large packs won't be BOGOF on Sunday :( Would you try dunnes own brand. They are a bigger fit than pampers and you can get 2 large packs for €10. In a size 5 you would get 85 for €10.

Ya I can't see the large ones being on offer.

I've tried the dunnes before and they're good enough but baby got a rash from them. Got aldi ones last month and don't like them... The size 5arent too bad but the size 6 were massive and horrible.
    I prefer pampers and if can get decent enough offer they're not really dearer than the others

• Advertisement

barneyrub wrote: »
    Ya I can't see the large ones being on offer.

I've tried the dunnes before and they're good enough but baby got a rash from them. Got aldi ones last month and don't like them... The size 5arent too bad but the size 6 were massive and horrible.
    I prefer pampers and if can get decent enough offer they're not really dearer than the others

Not worth it if baby gets rash :(

We mostly used pampers but the price is moving us to Lidl. Best value at the moment for size 5s at just under 11c each, standard price with no offers. I cant ever remember a rash after one. They seems every bit as good as pampers.

Satriale wrote: »
    We mostly used pampers but the price is moving us to Lidl. Best value at the moment for size 5s at just under 11c each, standard price with no offers. I cant ever remember a rash after one. They seems every bit as good as pampers.

I have lidl too and like them for during the day as they are thin but have never used them for night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

op here....thanks for the advice everyone

popped over to aldi for their size 2. bought a pack that worked out at around 10c each. i think this is their usual price and the young fella seems very happy with them.

it does seem like other places have great offers from time to time but it seems like such a nuisance having to figure out which place has the cheapest. so for the convenience of it im sticking to aldi for nappies and baby wipes

it does seem like other places have great offers from time to time but it seems like such a nuisance having to figure out which place has the cheapest. so for the convenience of it im sticking to aldi for nappies and baby wipes

You said it all there. Sometimes it seems like some of the larger supermarkets are trying to confuse their customers with a myriad of "special" offers.
    It's nice to just walk into the Germans and pick up what you want without thinking you are being screwed.

If anyone is buying from amazon. You get an additional 20% off pampers if you "subscribe and save" as part of their Prime membership (£79/year).

op here....thanks for the advice everyone

popped over to aldi for their size 2. bought a pack that worked out at around 10c each. i think this is their usual price and the young fella seems very happy with them.

I loved the size 2 Aldis, I would only use them at night as they are sooo padded they never leaked :) during the day they are so padded sometimes dungarees were a tight squeeze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Aldi are great but as mentioned they are not always cheaper.

garden wrote: »
    Aldi are great but as mentioned they are not always cheaper.

Cheaper for sizes 1 and 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

do aldi get more expensive than the rest as the sizes go up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement