Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally off my arse

Options
2»

Comments

So that's a week I've done nothing, back into it tomorrow. On the plus-side my treat on a Friday night is half a punnet of mushrooms and a chicken fillet.

Well those couple of months went by quickly! :P

Haven't done much since posting last. Diet slipped but I haven't gained inches anywhere in the last ~7 weeks so I guess things could have been a lot worse!

Tonight (Sunday) 7k.

Monday 7k.

Thursday 7k.

Back on the wagon having gone back up to 21 stone 10.

7k walk today.

7k yesterday.
    7k today.

Taking it easy enough but still got a sweat on the whole time so that'll do. :P

• Advertisement

Bump. :pac:

Managed to mess up big time a few times. Started the year on the button of 22 stone, got to under 20 in a month, now I'm back up again. Managed that 2+ stone loss without any exercise, just clean eating. I've got a fairly clear run the next while (no birthdays, events, holidays etc. to use as excuses) so it's all on me. And for once I have comfortable runners and tights.

Currently I'm at 22 stone 3 pounds (211 pounds, 141kg). Aim is to get to 17 stone (238 pounds, 108kg) by the end of July and at least maintain that until the end of August.

Diet will be very simple (chicken, pork, cured meats, dark chocolate, tuna, cheese, steak when it's cheap and whatever veg fits at whatever times). Will likely be running a very big deficit for the entirety. Another thing is of course drinking. I won't say how much I was drinking (seriously disgraceful) but I'm looking to limit it to every second week or less, and keep it to spirits or wine.

Walking starts this evening and gym later in the week, today is Day 1.

Day 0: 22 stone 3 / 211lbs / 141kg.

Day 1: 2k walk as a pilot. Turns out tights are important even for that distance. Clean day eating with decent deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Let's keep it up this time! :)

Let's keep it up this time! :)

That's the plan!

I've plenty of reasons for this time being different. I'm almost out of clothes but have lots in smaller sizes so the hope would be once I fit into them I'll not need to buy bigger again. Also I'm working now which makes scheduling easier in a stupid way. Along with having gym membership and a mate who goes fairly extreme when he's in a phase like now.

I know ultimately it's down to me, whatever the circumstances. I've my own money so can shop and plan food out. Today would be fairly typical, had about 400g of pretty lean bacon, 200g chicken, an onion, little gem, some coleslaw and 25g dark chocolate. Tomorrow will be similar but swap pork for steak. Following day similar with burgers subbed in. There'll also be a a batch of vegetable soup once a week. Snacks (and occasionally lunch) will be chorizo and cheese mostly.
    EDIT: One frustrating thing is that somehow I developed an egg allergy/intolerance a few years ago which limits quick meal options.

Anyway, fingers crossed. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Fingers crossed for you, lad. Great place for some support :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Snacks (and occasionally lunch) will be chorizo and cheese mostly.

I love both those. But as is often the case the tastier the more calorie dense. I think it would be wise to weigh them out, it's real easy to over indulge without realising.

I love both those. But as is often the case the tastier the more calorie dense. I think it would be wise to weigh them out, it's real easy to over indulge without realising.

Both are sliced which helps a lot. :p Would have 30-40g of each so probably 350kcal. A lot for a "snack" but I'm generally going for 2 meals a day well under 400kcal and another snack which is under 200.

Last week was a bit of a wash-out. Feet were really sore and other little things I didn't want to be messing with. Kept the diet completely clean and no drinking. Anyway, that's the excuses out of the way for today.

Day 7

Weight: 302 pounds. (Down 9)
    3.7k in 37 minutes.

Day 8

Weight: Trying not to weigh myself every day. :pac:
    3.7k in 38 minutes. Must've been a bit of traffic or something. :pac:

Advertisement