Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a house in Portlaoise

Options
  • 02-08-2014 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a house in Rinuccini estate, just by the Dublin Road. It seems to be a nice estate, with many shops and other amenities close by.

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback about this area. Is it a nice area to live in does anyone know?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

Keehar wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've just bought a house in Rinuccini estate, just by the Dublin Road. It seems to be a nice estate, with many shops and other amenities close by.

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback about this area. Is it a nice area to live in does anyone know?

Best side of the town.
    portlaoise itself is a **** hole moved here 10 years ago
    it's rough and ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

Best end of town,, looks like a nice place now that it is all finished..
    Electronic gates at back entrance and side entrance, and from what I am told the main one at the front will also have electronic gates.

It was an eyesore for a long time, all the 5 bed houses were half finished, but it looks nice from the main road now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hale wrote: »
    Best side of the town.
    portlaoise itself is a **** hole moved here 10 years ago
    it's rough and ready

Enjoy your stay : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Hi everyone,

It's fine - Kilminchy nearby has all the basics and a €2 Dublin Coach bus into town centre, once an hour if you don't feel like a walk/drive and taxi too costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

Thanks everyone for the replies. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Bit late to do research after the fact

This isn't research. Just feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

So, just for feedback,, , How have you found it so far ?, Do you like Rinuccini ?,.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    It's fine - Kilminchy nearby has all the basics and a €2 Dublin Coach bus into town centre, once an hour if you don't feel like a walk/drive and taxi too costly.

You mean a bus coach to Dublin city centre?
    satguy wrote: »
    So, just for feedback,, , How have you found it so far ?, Do you like Rinuccini ?,.

I haven't moved in yet. Waiting for the paper work to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You mean a bus coach to Dublin city centre?
    From Kilminchy into Portlaoise town, although there are 2 bus services I know of that pass by that go to Dublin.

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    From Kilminchy into Portlaoise town, although there are 2 bus services I know of that pass by that go to Dublin.

Wonderful. Thanks again for your feedback. You've been very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Great chipper in Kilminchy! Francescos.

Advertisement