Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay As You Go Gym

Options
  • 02-08-2014 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

I had a search through the forum but the last thread I could find on this topic was nearly 3 years old so looking for some updated information. I'll be around Sligo irregularly in August so looking for a gym that allows you to pay per session just so I have the option if I get the time!

Anyone got any recommendations? Anywhere in town or around town (I'll be based near Rosses Point) would be grand. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Genesis is 4 or 5 quid a go and only 25 for the month. Either way you can't go wrong. It's very well equipped but it's a gym not a spa so there's nothing fancy about the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Genesis is 4 or 5 quid a go and only 25 for the month. Either way you can't go wrong. It's very well equipped but it's a gym not a spa so there's nothing fancy about the place

Sounds good, not looking for anything fancy anyway! Is it down on Ballast Quay? Been living abroad for the past year so haven't heard of this spot.

Konata wrote: »
    Sounds good, not looking for anything fancy anyway! Is it down on Ballast Quay? Been living abroad for the past year so haven't heard of this spot.

Yeah that's where it is. It's across the road from the jetty and boat yard

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

ROM in clevargh road is the best you can go to either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hi all,

Apologies for dragging up old thread but was hoping to get some updated info. Are there any gyms in Sligo town centre that are PAYG or may do a two month membership? I'll be living near High Street, how far would the regional sports centre be from there to walk?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

panda100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies for dragging up old thread but was hoping to get some updated info. Are there any gyms in Sligo town centre that are PAYG or may do a two month membership? I'll be living near High Street, how far would the regional sports centre be from there to walk?

Thanks

The sports complex would be about 20 -25 min walk from High street. Quickest route would probably be up Pearse Road and out towards the Sligo Race course and follow the road around. If you had a bike, probably less than 10 mins.

There's a gym in the Sligo Park hotel as well. The pool is kind of small though. maybe only 16metres. Again, about a 20 -25 min walk from High street in sort of the same direction as the Sports Complex but instead of taking a left off Pearse road you continue straight on as if you were leaving town.

Clayton hotel is down behind the IT College. Bigger pool and gym. Again, roughly 25 min walk.

TNT down on the docks is less than ten minutes walk, check their Facebook for membership prices but they're cheap enough

Advertisement