Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call fro Eircim sales offering reduction

Options
  • 02-08-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I've recently had some missed calls from eircom sales. Always in the evening. I happened to answer the other night and was offered a reduction from €45 down to €35 if I agreed to stay with eircom for another 6 months. My contract is up in 4.5 months. I asked if there was a number I could call back and enquire more about this after I'd had a chance to think about it. I was told by the operator that there was no need for me to call as he would call me back the next day. He never called back. Is this legit? A friend of mine said his father received a very similar call recently and was asked for bank account details plus more which sounds worrying considering he was already signed up with a direct debit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I've recently had some missed calls from eircom sales. Always in the evening. I happened to answer the other night and was offered a reduction from €45 down to €35 if I agreed to stay with eircom for another 6 months. My contract is up in 4.5 months. I asked if there was a number I could call back and enquire more about this after I'd had a chance to think about it. I was told by the operator that there was no need for me to call as he would call me back the next day. He never called back. Is this legit? A friend of mine said his father received a very similar call recently and was asked for bank account details plus more which sounds worrying considering he was already signed up with a direct debit.

Hi bikerboy_ie

There have been suspect scam calls from people claiming to be from eircom, please do not provide any account information as verified eircom agents do not ask for this type of info. For more information on these calls please feel free to contact the [font=Calibri","sans-serif]malicious calls bureau on free phone 1800689689.

All renewal of existing contracts are renewed by 12 months from the date of agreement, the offer you were offered does indeed sound genuine but to find out more please contact either the loyalty team on free phone 1901 or sales on 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement