Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some advice for new startup

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Par1 wrote: »
    Technically the 3 in 1 should not be used as it would not be certified. Certificates can only cover the whole tester and not partial functions....i think that's what mikeyjames9 meant

They can be certified and are used all the time by the majority of RECs.
    I had one complete with cert that I sold to Stoner.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

2011 wrote: »
    They can be certified and are used all the time by the majority of RECs.
    I had one complete with cert that I sold to Stoner.

My apologies, i should of been clearer there. If a multi function tester fails on one function then that function can not be calibrated therefore the tester can not be certified until the tester is repaired. Even if the tester still has other functions working and measuring within the required limits then the unit can not be certified as one part of the unit is defective. The calibration certificate covers the complete unit. Once a PCB is regarded as faulty then it can not be deemed partially certified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just another side to your point par1 if you break a meggerfor instance are you not going to replace it?

So in the same thinking if a function on a multimeter fails would you not repair it?

Surely either or and preference/handiness are the only choices between the 2. Multi v multiple

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Just another side to your point par1 if you break a meggerfor instance are you not going to replace it?

So in the same thinking if a function on a multimeter fails would you not repair it?

Surely either or and preference/handiness are the only choices between the 2. Multi v multiple

Exactly, i agree. If part of the meter breaks then it has to be repaired. Anyone who uses a partially defective tester is looking for trouble in the event of a mis hap. Imagine been asked why you proceeded to trust and use a tester which has already failed on one function and which shares components on a defective PCB?....you would be eaten alive!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think the OP has enough information to draw his own conclusions now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement