Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a scope from optics planet

Options
  • 02-08-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Has anybody had any luck importing a scope from optics planet. I've seen a scope that I want as the savings are huge on what I was quoted here. They say they ship internationally but they also say that restrictions apply to orders.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What scope it is?

From all the people i've spoken to recently shipping from the states has become harder and harder, and in 99% of the cases those that do go through are hit with import duty, VAT, and taxes. Totaling 25% of the total price.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

It's a bushnell tactical elite. €1000-1200here and $740 in the states. So there is a big difference in price.

Have you the exact model. Like the 6500 and perhaps the details like 4.5-30, etc?

Sorry for all the questions, just i have a few sites i use that are in Europe and the UK all of which can be as cheap as the states.

I mean there is a crowd in the UK that does the Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 for between €750 - €800.

If the scope in the states is $740 add 25% for taxes, and approx. $30 - $40 on shipping (you get taxed on shipping). That is about $960 or €720. So about €30 cheaper than the UK and that is if they will ship it. ITAR has become an issue when shipping scopes especially Mil-Spec stuff.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Hi cass I took this from their site.

The Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical Argon Matte Riflescope w/ Mil-Dot Reticle boasts incredible extended range accuracy for the roughest conditions. The Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50mm ET Scope features a mil-dot reticle for absolute tactical pinpoint targeting. With precision accuracy and incredible build quality, the Elite Tactical series of Bushnell rifle scopes are ready for any dangerous tactical environment. With unfailing reliability and ultra wide band coating, you have a tactical rifle scope from Bushnell that delivers outstanding imaging even in low light situations. The Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical Argon MilDot Rifle Scope is the perfect choice for law enforcement or military personnel working in difficult and dangerous environments, where accuracy can never be compromised.

Specifications for Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical Argon Matte Riflescope w/ Mil-Dot Reticle:
    Model: ET6245
    Finish: Matte
    Power/Obj. Lens (mm): 6-24x 50
    Reticle: Mil-Dot
    Field of View ft@100yds / m@100m): 16.5/5.5@6x / 4.2/1.4@24x
    Weight (oz / g): 25.3 / 717
    Length (in / mm): 13.25 / 337
    Eye Relief (in. / mm): 3 / 76
    Exit Pupil (mm): 8.3@6x / 2.1@24x
    Click Value (in.@100yds./ mm@100m): .25 / 7
    Adj. Range (in.@100yds./ m@100m): 50 / .7
    Mntng Length (in./ mm): 6 / 152
    Features of Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical Argon MilDot Rifle Scope:

Got it now.

I see why the price is so good. The normal price is $1,300 which is €970. In the UK the price is £780 which is also €970. The sale price is what makes it better value.

Apologies for slightly derailing your thread lad. Just with the recent spate of lads having issues importing i thought i'd explore the option of buying within the EU to avoid the hassle and possible refusal.

Have ya e-mailed them? Might be a better option, and eliminate all doubt.

• Advertisement

Thanks again cass. I did email but I'm waiting for a reply. It's a very good price so that's why I'm trying to get it from them.

It is that. As said the cheapest i could find it, and i'm by no means great at finding bargains, was £780.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

Just putting it out there, I have a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 for sale - boxed as new.....

Thanks 1jay1 but Im looking for a scope with target turrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I spoke to Optics Planet on this topic a while back and they said to go ahead and order online. When the order is processed, they will determine whether the scope is restricted or not. If it is restricted, the item will not ship and there will be no charges made.

After I spoke with them I posted the information in this thread and remember that Bushnell was one of the manufacturers they said would ship.

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Cheers I'm going to order it and keep the fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭loonymoony

BillBen wrote: »
    Cheers I'm going to order it and keep the fingers crossed.

Could it be an option just ship to a friend you may have in the states and get them to post to you as gift?

Did think of that but the relations in the states won't ship it because of what it is. They don't want to get into any trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

loonymoony wrote: »
    Could it be an option just ship to a friend you may have in the states and get them to post to you as gift?

Technically that would be highly illegal and would be a federal offence. They take the itar laws pretty seriously.

Plus it doesn't work (or always). The "gift" routine has been well and truly caught onto and regardless of the markings (gift, parcel, etc) it seems they are stopping everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Try this crowd.
    http://www.webyshops.com/.
    They WILL ship to Ireland once they have their paperwork,all of one page liscense agreement that you email them back with the order. They are very quick on processing and shipping the orders.I had my scope,which is a milspec scope within 10 days of ordering as well.

Their international shipping policies page is .
    http://www.webyshops.com/Policies/International-Orders.html

Ireland is listed as eligible for STA liscense exceptions .So yes it is possible to get any of these scopes here in milspec format.You "could" possibly order one in the UK or Europe and get one no problem there as the UK requires no STA liscense.
    Reason places like optics planet and the rest wont ship is I think;
    1] They dont want the small turnover vis the large paperwork of shipping one off scopes
    2]They havent got the export permit clearences
    3]They dont know about this ruling.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Cheers. Grizzly..

Advertisement