Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered eFibre, swithed from UPC 4 weeks ago and heard nothing since

Options
  • 02-08-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Called today to be told by someone with fairly poor English that Eircom have messed up the order , this is despite the fact I told the guy I already had a line and not switching numbers, and told the guy who came to install a line?

Like what a shambles of a company.
    Now ye said I have to wait til my phone line goes down to order again

HOW CAN I CANCEL THIS CRAP and stay with Upc

Told 3 diff eircom employees and they still get it wrong..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you'd have to be mad to switch to eircom from UPC unless you're moving house. I'm moving to an area where there is no UPC so forced to get eircom..ordered on a monday..engineer comes out the friday but first eircom ring me to tell me no line installed in the house so the engineer will come and install the phone line and a different engineer a few weeks later will install the fibre...I tell them line is already installed and just need fibre set up but they wouldn't allow it..line engineer has to call out first and then tell the system the line is activated so they can then put in an order for fibre....I actually could't believe what I was hearing...but of course there's still that semi-state entitlement for eircom etc so workers dragging their asses etc and the usual public sector attitude from the lazy sods who work there. 
    UPC in my previous house took 2 days to install my broadband from the time I ordered online to the time I was up and running .
    2 days!!!!!..eircom apparently take at least 14 days +...what a frakking useless company and the sooner those muppets go bankrupt and disappear the better off we'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

savic04 wrote: »
    Called today to be told by someone with fairly poor English that Eircom have messed up the order , this is despite the fact I told the guy I already had a line and not switching numbers, and told the guy who came to install a line?

Like what a shambles of a company.
    Now ye said I have to wait til my phone line goes down to order again

HOW CAN I CANCEL THIS CRAP and stay with Upc

Told 3 diff eircom employees and they still get it wrong..
    Hi savic04

I'm sorry to hear this, can you please PM me any order number quoted or your specific address and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Hi savic04

I'm sorry to hear this, can you please PM me any order number quoted or your specific address and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al

I called and cancelled, they said the mistake was with the order.

I actually got a bill today :)

What a horrible way to win back customers, have put loads off in the area coz of the shambles

Advertisement