Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours project maths!!

• 02-08-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi ,

I did my leaving cert this year and am anxiously waiting for my results on the 13th. However I did 7 honours subjects including honours project maths meaning I can avail of the 25 bonus points.

However I am wondering will the SEC and the CAO count my 6 best grades or my 6 best points?
    (ie: if I get all B3's in 6 subjects and a C1 in maths, will they count the 6 B3 subjects or will they cancel out 1 B3 and instead count my maths result and part of my 6?)

Sorry, hope my question is clear :/
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

You use your best points, not grades. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Your six best results points wise will count. If you got six B3 and a C1 in Maths you'd count the Maths as it is more points than one of the other subjects. Same if Maths was a C2, C3, D1, D2. If it was a D3 in Maths, you'd get more points from your six other B3s.

Advertisement