Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone shooting with a red dot?

Options
  • 02-08-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I'm after buying a sako quad in 22lr and have decided to try keep it neat. I have always wanted to shoot a gun with irons or something different so I bought a burris speedfire 3 and a rail (going to swap out to a scope sometimes)

My plan is to zero at 25 yards.. be flat ish out to 50/60.. just a neat light freehand bunny and corvid gun.

Will I be able to get the hang of it for 50 yards bunnys or am I being a bit optimistic?

'hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I tried one on a Browning Buckmark but beyond 20 yds I couldn't tell a bunny from cowsh*** - just all brown lumps. OK for tin cans but useless for hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Red dots are mainly for snap shooting at rather large targets at relatively short distances so not very useful at small targets at longer distances they just cover too large an area at distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I use a red dot on a pistol. It's accurate enough out to 25m. I wouldn't recommend it for much further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

I use a Micro H1 Aimpoint on my 12 Gauge SBE2 . I put it on as I saw one in the states with a slug gun.Just for kicks thought I would try it.Now its staying on as I like it so much.Had it on a BLR 308 before that very good & fast in close quarters(gorse etc) no use over 40-50 yards.

Advertisement