Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to electricity meter on private property

Options
  • 02-08-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I moved into a property on Wednesday. I need to access the meter in order to have my electricity connected. The meter is located in another building which is owned by somebody else. I have spoken to the auctioneers who sold the property who have tried without success to contact the owner of the building. The building appears to be completely unoccupied. Any suggestions as to what I can do to access the meter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mjcass,

Thanks for your post. As a supplier, we would be able to organise a reconnection order for you, but it would be ESB Networks who would carry it out. I would recommend you contact ESB Networks directly to discuss this, as they will need to access the meter, and they can also arrange to have the meter moved if necessary (see here for more information on this).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement