Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale sub forum opinions

Options
  • 02-08-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Id like to see the For sale/swap sticky made into a sub forum. I think its a complete mess in there with all replies jumbled together.

Id like if i could post my own for sale/swap/wanted thread and only have replies regarding what im trying to sell on it.

Id also like to see other for sale threads with their own heading so i instantly know whos selling what.

Theirs not really lots being sold so mods wouldnt have a difficult job keeping an eye on things.

Just my 2c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

glicster wrote: »
    Id like to see the For sale/swap sticky made into a sub forum. I think its a complete mess in there with all replies jumbled together.

Id like if i could post my own for sale/swap/wanted thread and only have replies regarding what im trying to sell on it.

Id also like to see other for sale threads with their own heading so i instantly know whos selling what.

Theirs not really lots being sold so mods wouldnt have a difficult job keeping an eye on things.

Just my 2c

+1 on this, maybe we can get mewso and Orion's opinion on whether it would be worth taking it further in Forum Requests, Though I'm not sure with this forum already being a Sub Forum in itself if that's possible?

We'll probably told use adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

aoshea83 wrote: »
    Though I'm not sure with this forum already being a Sub Forum in itself

Hmmm. I just have this forum bookmarked and never thought of it being a sub forum already. Would be nice if it could be done tho.

And in saying that maybe vaping should not be a sub forum of whatever its anymore

I totally agree, I for one am happy to continue vaping, I enjoy it and I'm not gearing towards quitting smoking! And from reading the things people a trying (such as re-buildable coils) or buying indicate I'm not alone.

We're in an inappropriate corner of boards based on the above observation and shouldn't be a sub forum of Giving Up Smoking IMHO.

But alas this is just our opinion and ultimately hold little influence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Ive no intention of stopping vaping either.
    Ecigs are mainstream now and vapings a hobby for many so it should be disasociated with being a stop smoking aid or nrt.

Anyways.live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Aye, a sub forum to a sub forum won't be done. We should talk about becoming a main forum and taking it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ChalyIE

I also would like to see it as a main forum because vapering is definitely not only for quit smoking. Even if it might help a lot for quitting, it is also a new type of enjoying nicotine or the act of "smoking" in a healthier way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's really not up to me to decide on sub-forums or where this forum should be. Of course I would support a request for a sub-forum if someone requested it but sub-forums are hard to get iirc and we would have a case for more than one if we really thought about it.

As to where this forum itself should be bear in mind that there was much discussion first time around on where it should go and it being a sub-forum under Giving up Smoking is more about the kind of people who might be interested as well as the fact that it meant there was more than one moderator to cover things with me agreeing to help on Giving up Smoking when needed and Orion agreeing to help here if needed which is handy when either of us is unavailable (I'm in France on holidays at the moment for example).

Of course moving up a level would mean needing new mods which I assume would be easy with plenty of good candidates here already but again I think it has worked well in general here. In any case feel free to discuss it here while I catch up on some reading in the french sun :) I will think about it in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Enjoy your holiday mate and bring back some of that sunshine :)

Enjoy the holiday, jealous :D

The only thing that kind of concerns me is the following from the Forum Request charter/guidelines is that in order to qualify for consideration the following must apply at the end of 6 weeks :
    LoLth wrote: »
    3. If the final tally ( votes in favour - votes against ) is greater than +18 then the forum will be considered popular enough for consideration.

Do we have the numbers in here to achieve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The only thing that kind of concerns me is the following from the Forum Request charter/guidelines is that in order to qualify for consideration the following must apply at the end of 6 weeks :
    LoLth wrote: »
    3. If the final tally ( votes in favour - votes against ) is greater than +18 then the forum will be considered popular enough for consideration.
    Do we have the numbers in here to achieve this?

We have the numbers to achieve it, it's just that most of the boardsies have migrated to FB because almost everybody has an account by default, it feels more instant and having instant notifications is handier.
    Having the numbers to achieve it guarantees nothing either - we fulfilled the criteria for a juice review sub a while back and pestered them for a while and it's lost to the sands of time and it'd probably have to be resubmitted at this stage.

I also prefer this being a sub of Giving Up Smoking, we'd only get traffic from people who're already vaping if we got our own level.

• Advertisement

Very fair point, by FB I take it you mean Facebook, is it a closed group?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Very fair point, by FB I take it you mean Facebook, is it a closed group?

Closed in that posts won't be shared to your family & friends unless they're in the group too.
    Join and you'll be approved quick enough.

grindle wrote: »
    Closed in that posts won't be shared to your family & friends unless they're in the group too.
    Join and you'll be approved quick enough.

Cheers for that will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ChalyIE

mewso wrote: »
    It's really not up to me to decide on sub-forums or where this forum should be. Of course I would support a request for a sub-forum if someone requested it but sub-forums are hard to get iirc and we would have a case for more than one if we really thought about it.

As to where this forum itself should be bear in mind that there was much discussion first time around on where it should go and it being a sub-forum under Giving up Smoking is more about the kind of people who might be interested as well as the fact that it meant there was more than one moderator to cover things with me agreeing to help on Giving up Smoking when needed and Orion agreeing to help here if needed which is handy when either of us is unavailable (I'm in France on holidays at the moment for example).

Of course moving up a level would mean needing new mods which I assume would be easy with plenty of good candidates here already but again I think it has worked well in general here. In any case feel free to discuss it here while I catch up on some reading in the french sun :) I will think about it in the meantime.

Enjoy your holiday and hopefully France as well ;)

Advertisement