Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT on allowances

Options
  • 02-08-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

We've put a deposit down on a new build with good allowances and I'm curious about how VAT is usually treated. The suppliers will invoice the developer, and I know the house purchase price includes VAT, so should we get supplier quotes including or excluding VAT? Obviously our budget goes further if we can work off ex-VAT prices.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

aodh_rua wrote: »
    We've put a deposit down on a new build with good allowances and I'm curious about how VAT is usually treated. The suppliers will invoice the developer, and I know the house purchase price includes VAT, so should we get supplier quotes including or excluding VAT? Obviously our budget goes further if we can work off ex-VAT prices.

Thanks!

ex vat prices as vat is irrelevant to developer and you only pay the purchase price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

kkelliher wrote: »
    ex vat prices as vat is irrelevant to developer and you only pay the purchase price

I would have thought that but the estate agent says the allowances budget includes VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

aodh_rua wrote: »
    I would have thought that but the estate agent says the allowances budget includes VAT.

in my opinion and experience that is incorrect as vat has no consequence to a builder so it would imply that they are playing a game with numbers

Advertisement