Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaghan v Kildare 2/8/2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Slattsy wrote: »
    That's awful.

Really? Was a difficult position to shoot from.

Kildare ahead

Hmm would like to see replay of that

Dive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Dirty by the ref there.

aveytare wrote: »
    Really? Was a difficult position to shoot from.

Kildare ahead

Terrible.

Terrible.

Fair enough, I get the impression you're hard pleased though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Can I just ask what is a Meath man doing refereeing a match with a Leinster team in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

WTF was Keiran Hughes at there.

Threw the ball at the Kildare players head twice.

Well done for not reacting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

thelad95 wrote: »
    Can I just ask what is a Meath man doing refereeing a match with a Leinster team in it?

Well you can hardly call him biased .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Kildare management fcuked up in the second half.They were doing the right thing in the first half being more direct and spreading the play out a bit more but for some reason began running the ball through the middle too much in the second half.

Also its bad preparation going into a match without a left footed freetaker.

Terrific match and looking forward to another 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Those Monaghan lads are very dirty and always niggling their opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

DDC1990 wrote: »
    WTF was Keiran Hughes at there.

Threw the ball at the Kildare players head twice.

Well done for not reacting.

The Monaghan lads are always at that kinda thing. Looked like Wylie tried to stick his fingers in his opponents mouth just at the end there too. They have that laughable decision by the ref to thank for extra time.

aveytare wrote: »
    Fair enough, I get the impression you're hard pleased though.

So the Mrs says!

Fittest team wins this.

So the Mrs says!

Fittest team wins this.

That Monaghan effort just now was awful in fairness.

• Advertisement

Game over.

Great point and goal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hard to see Kildare coming back from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kildare should put Moolick into full forward and kick high balls in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hawkeye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Taking Tomás O Connor off was a bizzare call considering the amount of tired players Kildare have. He wasn't bad.

Turned out to be a decent game in the end eh :P

Kildare the better team, barely.
    But. Sure listen, if ye cant kick shít off a stick you dont deserve to win games.

That dodgy free at the end was well, eh dodgy !!

Dublin next up. Monaghan will revert back to their Ulster final tactics i assume. Should make for a great spectacle :rolleyes: :mad: :(:)

That's it, Kildare threw it away in the second half

Big miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Yeah Kildare stopped playing after Callaghan miss, and still nearly won- shows you how bad Monaghan were! Ciaran Hughes bit of a "lad" as well- are there any Monaghan players who arent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Big performance from Monaghan, didn't panic and got the job done in awful conditions. Gave as good as they got in fairness. Bolton should have got the black card earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Good effort from Kildare, a very young team who will hopefully develop more from this experience.
    I'd almost hope Dublin annihilate Monaghan as there are a good few unsavoury characters in their team. Kieran Hughes should have been sent off for his attempted elbow on Keith Cribben. Coldrick is usually a decent and fair referee but he gave McManus and Mone frees far too easy when it is known widely that they go to ground without much assistance.
    That being said Monaghan were the marginally better team for the majority of the game and Kildare will need to learn from this. The decision to take O'Connor off and leave a tired Smith on was baffling.

Good effort from Kildare, a very young team who will hopefully develop more from this experience.
    I'd almost hope Dublin annihilate Monaghan as there are a good few unsavoury characters in their team. Kieran Hughes should have been sent off for his attempted elbow on Keith Cribben. Coldrick is usually a decent and fair referee but he gave McManus and Mone frees far too easy when it is known widely that they go to ground without much assistance.
    That being said Monaghan were the marginally better team for the majority of the game and Kildare will need to learn from this. The decision to take O'Connor off and leave a tired Smith on was baffling.

'Annihilation'...'unsavory characthers'?

It was a 50/50 game in awful conditions with both teams transgressing at times. I understand your disappointment but calm down mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Happyman42 wrote: »
    'Annihilation'...'unsavory characthers'?

It was a 50/50 game in awful conditions with both teams transgressing at times. I understand your disappointment but calm down mate.

Oooooh-touched a nerve there me thinks.

harpsman wrote: »
    Oooooh-touched a nerve there me thinks.

Certainly did, hate when sour grapes results in that crap reading of a game, especially when both teams gave their all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Certainly did, hate when sour grapes results in that crap reading of a game, especially when both teams gave their all.

You might have noticed where I said Monaghan were the better team but I now understand how opposing fans in Ulster detest the shenanigans of the likes of Mone and Golligly. Dirty digs, diving, playacting and then crowding around the referee, of course all teams do this to some degree but Monaghan are bad offenders. That is why I will take some solace that they won't progress any further in the championship.

That being said if I was a Monaghan fan I wouldn't care and they are one of the countries big overachievers in terms of population so they deserve credit there.

You might have noticed where I said Monaghan were the better team but I now understand how opposing fans in Ulster detest the shenanigans of the likes of Mone and Golligly. Dirty digs, diving, playacting and then crowding around the referee, of course all teams do this to some degree but Monaghan are bad offenders. That is why I will take some solace that they won't progress any further in the championship.

That being said if I was a Monaghan fan I wouldn't care and they are one of the countries big overachievers in terms of population so they deserve credit there.

Jaysus...sleep it off man. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Jaysus...sleep it off man. :rolleyes:

Brush it off if you like man but Monaghan play a pretty awful brand of football. They have heart and good engines but less footballing ability than most other counties. In fairness they are a small county that punch above their weight so good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Brush it off if you like man but Monaghan play a pretty awful brand of football. They have heart and good engines but less footballing ability than most other counties. In fairness they are a small county that punch above their weight so good luck to them.

Are you from Kildare?

Are you from Kildare?

Yes

I saw good spells of football from both teams, but Monaghan's came at the right time and Kildare had no answer.

I saw good spells of football from both teams, but Monaghan's came at the right time and Kildare had no answer.

Kildare's only forward outlet was Alan Smith and when he tired we were out of ideas. Kildare battled and played to their ability but without real scoring forwards it just sapped too much energy to get enough scores to win.

Monaghan are going to struggle against Dublin as Dublin are just a different level to any other team especially the likes of Kildare. Monaghan would need about 5 goals to beat Dublin and Monaghan aren't great for getting goals.

Kildare's only forward outlet was Alan Smith and when he tired we were out of ideas. Kildare battled and played to their ability but without real scoring forwards it just sapped too much energy to get enough scores to win.

Monaghan are going to struggle against Dublin as Dublin are just a different level to any other team especially the likes of Kildare. Monaghan would need about 5 goals to beat Dublin and Monaghan aren't great for getting goals.

Yep they are up against it, but it is where we want to be. Monaghan learnt a lot from the Donegal game, there was a maturity in the way they didn't panic today and were able to up their game enough to see it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Just saw that Kieran Hughes incident... Kieran Hughes throws a ball into a players face twice and pull his hair and get no punishment... I suppose the only justice is that even if he had been red carded, and was replaced by the good Lord himself, Monaghan will still get absolutely demolished by Dublin next week..

• Advertisement

Just saw that Kieran Hughes incident... Kieran Hughes throws a ball into a players face twice and pull his hair and get no punishment... I suppose the only justice is that even if he had been red carded, and was replaced by the good Lord himself, Monaghan will still get absolutely demolished by Dublin next week..

:D If you post it in enough threads somebody might get excited I suppose. :rolleyes:

Leave Dublin to the big boys. ;)

Advertisement