Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coral tie

• 02-08-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone know where i could get a coral tie? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've moved your post to a new thread and deleted the three duplicate posts from other threads. Please stick with this one and don't post about the same thing multiple times. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

A quick google suggests that Dublin Formal Wear in Lucan or Tallaght might have them or PINK on Dawson Street (presuming you are in/can get to Dublin.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I've just been looking for a cerise pink tie and matching pocket square for a wedding. I've ordered from tiesplanet.com prices seem very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gclaire

I've just been looking for a cerise pink tie and matching pocket square for a wedding. I've ordered from tiesplanet.com prices seem very reasonable

how long did delivery take do you know ?:)

gclaire wrote: »
    how long did delivery take do you know ?:)

Don't know I've just ordered today. I saw on the website that if you order by 2:40 it's same day delivery in mainland uk so u could probably use something like parcel motel if you were in a rush for it

• Advertisement

ok thanksa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

gclaire wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i could get a coral tie? :)

I got one in Dublin formal wear last year

jonny_b wrote: »
    I got one in Dublin formal wear last year

Was it expensve? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I've just been looking for a cerise pink tie and matching pocket square for a wedding.

Please don't match your square to your tie - you should never do this. A pocket square should compliment the overall outfit, not match any particular part of it. If you're in any doubt, just go for a plain white TV fold.

Please don't match your square to your tie - you should never do this. A pocket square should compliment the overall outfit, not match any particular part of it. If you're in any doubt, just go for a plain white TV fold.

I wasn't aware of this, I'm wearing a plain black suit and white shirt. Why should the tie and pocket square not match? I've often seen suits with these matching in shop windows

• Advertisement

I wasn't aware of this, I'm wearing a plain black suit and white shirt. Why should the tie and pocket square not match? I've often seen suits with these matching in shop windows

Its an important rule of menswear. Its like making sure your belt matches your shoes. Or that your tie is the right length. Its just "done".

I guess it is because it looks cheap - like you got the tie and square in a set! :)

The PS should compliment the look - if you are wearing a white shirt then 100% go for a white pocket square in a simple fold. Easiest option. Otherwise it can act to add a splash of colour or design to an outfit (this is when you'd puff it up rather than have a single fold).

And while we're at it, you should only wear a black suit to a funeral or a black tie event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

No no no don't wear a white pocket square with a white shirt. The white shirt is a simple understated background item that goes with and complements the rest of your fit however when combined with a white pocket square it pulls the shirt to the foreground and takes attention away from the rest of the fit.

No no no don't wear a white pocket square with a white shirt. The white shirt is a simple understated background item that goes with and complements the rest of your fit however when combined with a white pocket square it pulls the shirt to the foreground and takes attention away from the rest of the fit.

Disagree. If in doubt, go white. If you're new to pocket squares, finding a working colour might be hard, so a white PS is the best bet.

The following is a good basic summary by Alan Flusser from his book Clothes and the Man:

"A simple white handkerchief is all that is necessary to complete the business ensemble. It is also the least expensive way a man can quickly elevate his level of style. The handkerchief, like the hose, gives a man one more opportunity to do something a little out of the ordinary, something a bit more inventive. A white handkerchief placed in the breast pocket of a dark suit offers a touch of elegance and is sure sign of a confident and knowledgeable dresser."

If we take it that the white shirt is the absolute of classic business dress, then there is nothing that suggests you cannot wear it with a white PS.

Ergo:
    IMG_3683%2011.jpg

Lapo+Elkann+Vogue+Dubai+Fashion+Experience+7kc5BZre-TSl.jpg

swinkelmann_01-400x266.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Disagree. If in doubt, go white. If you're new to pocket squares, finding a working colour might be hard, so a white PS is the best bet.

The following is a good basic summery by Alan Flusser from his book Clothes and the Man:

"A simple white handkerchief is all that is necessary to complete the business ensemble. It is also the least expensive way a man can quickly elevate his level of style. The handkerchief, like the hose, gives a man one more opportunity to do something a little out of the ordinary, something a bit more inventive. A white handkerchief placed in the breast pocket of a dark suit offers a touch of elegance and is sure sign of a confident and knowledgeable dresser."

If we take it that the white shirt is the absolute of classic business dress, then there is nothing that suggests you cannot wear it with a white PS.

Ergo:

Yes in some cases a white shirt and pocket square can work however I feel that the majority of the time in some fits it can distract you from the details of the fit and can sometimes make the wearer look washed out.

Yes in some cases a white shirt and pocket square can work however I feel that the majority of the time in some fits it can distract you from the details of the fit and can sometimes make the wearer look washed out.

It depends on the tie and suit of course.

Thanks for the advise guys, I'm now going to wear a charcoal grey suit instead. Still undecided on the pocket square

"If in doubt, don't". That's the best advice really.

But also, a white TV fold (as in, a straight fold) will go with all formal looks. I'm rocking one right now as we speak.

Charcoal grey would be nice with a light blue shirt and a plain or slightly decorated navy tie. Just don't wear brown shoes! Burgundy or black.

Advertisement