Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel advice on a budget

Options
  • 02-08-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a set of wheels for next season. I was checking earlier on Planet X and the 82/101 set seems to be sold out. Would anyone have any recommendations on any other suppliers that have a similar setup at a similar price, or alternatively, has anyone had any successful experience buying carbon wheels on eBay? At a quick search they mainly seem to be from china on eBay?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Tom__JNR

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Looking to get a set of wheels for next season. I was checking earlier on Planet X and the 82/101 set seems to be sold out. Would anyone have any recommendations on any other suppliers that have a similar setup at a similar price, or alternatively, has anyone had any successful experience buying carbon wheels on eBay? At a quick search they mainly seem to be from china on eBay?

Have you checked flo? They are very popular in the USA. Plenty reviews on slowtwitch.com

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Yishunbike .. Are the guys to buy off .. Had numerous sets and they all have been super never had and issue ... Better than that Planet X stuff anyway ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

noc231073 wrote: »
    Yishunbike .. Are the guys to buy off .. Had numerous sets and they all have been super never had and issue ... Better than that Planet X stuff anyway ....

I presume there an eBay seller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Shameless plug: I have a set of Grammo Viper 88T with a rear disc cover. Cover has never been used. Wheels used for 5 races - 3 OLY & 2 Sprint.

Let me know if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

I presume there an eBay seller

There don't sell on e bay ..
    Search yoshuinbike on google ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I'd go second hand for race wheels, find someone who looks after their kit and you can get top notch wheels at a much reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

pgibbo wrote: »
    Shameless plug: I have a set of Grammo Viper 88T with a rear disc cover. Cover has never been used. Wheels used for 5 races - 3 OLY & 2 Sprint.

Let me know if interested.

Yeah I might be interested depending on price and condition and funds available. Could you a pic and further info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Yeah I might be interested depending on price and condition and funds available. Could you a pic and further info

Here you go

Only used 7 or 8 times and the disc cover has never been used. I'll throw in carbon brake pads too :D

Advertisement