Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course with IBAT college

Options
  • 02-08-2014 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

I am looking at doing a part time, short term management course with the IBAT college? The content looks good but the price seems very expensive.

Has anyone any experience with this college/course and would you consider it value for money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

SPM1959 wrote: »
    I am looking at doing a part time, short term management course with the IBAT college? The content looks good but the price seems very expensive.

Has anyone any experience with this college/course and would you consider it value for money?

Also looking for feedback on this college.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I didn't do the course you are looking at, but I studied a Payroll/ Accounting course at IBAT in 2012, and wouldn't recommend it.
    The notes were supposed to be available on moodle (online) so you could print out templates for the next class, but were often not uploaded until late the night before. The lecturer wasn't very good; one other girl and I were convinced the lecturer was explaining a tax calculation wrong, and asked several times "Are you sure?"... It took nearly the whole class before the lecturer realised we were right.
    Also the computers wouldn't be frequently out of action; if you log in, then the computer software we were supposed to be using wouldn't work as the licenses had expired and so the tax information wasn't correct.
    We all complained, and I would avoid IBAT altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm looking at doing a project management course with them. Am going into their open evening tomorrow to have a look around and a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

Very unprofessionally run college, a lot promised little delivered. Communication rarely responded to unless you owe them money

Advertisement