Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing districts. Can i fish drowse/moy

Options
  • 02-08-2014 9:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Have a license to fish the moy but forget what district it is and im wanting to take my son up to donegal to fish the drowse river seeing as i heard its fishing good at the moment but will my salmon license cover me or will i have to purchase a new full district license

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

One is West district and the other Northwest. Two districts, so if you only have a single district licence...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

One is West district and the other Northwest. Two districts, so if you only have a single district licence...

Would i not get the 2nd cheaper seeing as i have one of the other districts already

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

duckcfc wrote: »
    Would i not get the 2nd cheaper seeing as i have one of the other districts already

in a word........ no. Maybe getting the A licence next year will suit you better. in the mean time you could always get a day licence for the NW river basin district.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

rpmcmurphy wrote: »
    in a word........ no. Maybe getting the A licence next year will suit you better. in the mean time you could always get a day licence for the NW river basin district.

Full day licenses are acon. Your best just buying a full license

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

One is Ballina district, one is Ballyshannon district. No such thing as West or Northwest districts.

OP I'm not 100% but you may be able to upgrade from a district licence to an all-districts licence in an IFI office for the additional fee, not the price of another district licence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Zzippy wrote: »
    One is Ballina district, one is Ballyshannon district. No such thing as West or Northwest districts. .

Pardon my using the old terminology from when I started fishing - the point remains the same though!

Advertisement