Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Liberties - Local knowledge

Options
  • 02-08-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Can anyone give me a bit of advice about Meath Street and the surrounding area, accepting that answers can be a bit subjective.

I'm looking for the best / best value butcher. Been advised, O'Neill's.

Decent / good value barbers / hair dressers, for a dry cut.

Proper pub, with decent pints, for a quiet drink.

Any suggestions for things to see / experience in the immediate area, that shouldn't be missed?

Cheers guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Dunnes Butchers and Bohans for a pint

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Butchers
    Larkins butchers for steaks.

Pubs
    Fallons on Dean St (across from the bottom of Francis st) great pub.
    Thomas House on Thomas St. (you can get a haircut with your pint there on Saturday's from Mick)
    Arthurs is a nice spot.

Jack Roche Meath St for fruit and veg.
    The weekly co op food market in Newmarket square.

Cafe's
    Fumbally Cafe (hipsterish)
    A bite of life Patrick St
    Cross Cafe Francis st

Mama Mia great burrito's on Thomas St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Guinness in kennedys at cornmarket is superb. Probably the nicest for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i don't get my hair cut or buy my meat in that pocket of town but i can assure you that you won't have any difficulty finding good pubs! There is a bit of a visible hard drug scene around there but it seems to be improving of late thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

+1 for Fallons. A great pub for 2 or 3 pints while you read a newspaper. Its too small to attract the gangs of pissheads that can ruin a day in one of the bigger pubs in town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

'The Dragon' Chinese hairdressers for a dry cut. A few doors down from 'The Bull Ring'. Any amount of Chinese hairdressers in Meath St. All cheap :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Thomas House is nice, decent crowd and decent beers.

57 The Headline is about a 10 minute walk but is by far the best pub in the area. https://www.facebook.com/57theheadline

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

O'Neill's and Stephen's at the Coombe end of Meath st. Two butchers, but one of them is a fishmonger too - great value

Pub wise - Kennedy's on Thomas st, the Liberty Belle on Francis Street and Bakers on the corner of Meath St and Thomas St - all good, authentic Dublin pubs

Advertisement