Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for software help

Options
  • 02-08-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi
    I don't know much about computers and I need someone to direct me please.
    Need to update my blue ray player and I've downloaded the software, however it's a zip file and I need to extract it first.
    Can anyone recommend a program to unzip it? Many links I've found contain viruses others ask to pay money and subscribe

I'm really desperate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

download winrar from the link below. right click the zipped bluray software file and select "extract here"

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

download either x86 or x64.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Windzip.com. Download and install it and you should be able to unzip the file.

Try right clicking on it and see if you get the option to open compressed folder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

7zip is a great un/archiver and it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

All of the above, but for a plain zip file, any Windows OS XP or later can handle it natively

Advertisement