Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to do chemical engineering without chemistry

• 02-08-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm going into 6th year and was just wondering if it is possible to do chemical engineering in college even if I didn't pick chemistry.
    My four options are
    1.physics
    2.geography
    3. Construction studies
    4. DCG
    I also do applied maths as an 8th subject

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Yes, I do Chemical Engineering in UL, and in all 4 Years so far there has been people who haven't done chemistry and it hasn't stopped them at all. A fair bit of the chemistry you do will link with physics anyways. Physics and Applied Maths will help you a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marmion180

Thanks a million all I need now is to get the points.

You will be fine anyway cos they start everyone off from scratch in 1st year, and lots of chemistry is fairly irrelevant to chemical engineering anyways (chemists look after that stuff!) so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

what makes you want to do chemical engineering if you have never done chemistry before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marmion180

Unfortunately the class was full so I had to pick another option

• Advertisement

it dosnt matter if you cant do it. like ompala said, you start from scratch. I never done chemistry and im doing a degree in pharmaceutical and biomedical chemistry.. if you really want to do it then go for it.

it dosnt matter if you cant do it. like ompala said, you start from scratch. I never done chemistry and im doing a degree in pharmaceutical and biomedical chemistry.. if you really want to do it then go for it.

Have you come across many aspects of Chemical Engineering in your studies?

iv only just finished 1st year so not yet. But there is drug design within the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Ompala wrote: »
    Have you come across many aspects of Chemical Engineering in your studies?

We love searching boards.ie for the term 'chemical engineering' :)

We love searching boards.ie for the term 'chemical engineering' :)

You can get the next one, promise :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement