Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United - The Prestigious International Champions Cup Final 20

• 02-08-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Decent bit of pre season training for the mods this will be.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone who gets hot under the collar on here over this game needs to have a word with themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

What a funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'd say both set of fans will agree this is a perfect end to the preseason tournament.
    Nothing like a Liverpool/United match. One of the best rivalries in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its Eyeb :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tumblr_m991u0kJMh1qlof5uo1_r1_250.gif

*Stretches*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Southampton will no doubt provide a stern test for LVG rejuvenated troops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Milan with 10 behind the ball! Seriously.

Subs Jones, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sakho, Can, Suso, Johnson, Enrique, Coady, Skrtel and Peterson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

adox wrote: »
    Anyone who gets hot under the collar on here over this game needs to have a word with themselves.

not just this game tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

dahat wrote: »

Oh you. You got the right idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

dahat wrote: »
    Good experiance for man u and LVG playing an other champions league team in pre-season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Milan with 10 behind the ball! Seriously.

Subs Jones, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sakho, Can, Suso, Johnson, Enrique, Coady, Skrtel and Peterson.

Milan won't be playing in this game.

tumblr_lyqip94klg1qgfn58o1_500.png

The winner gets 1 million dollars prize money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

LVGUTD v Scouselacticos

Biggest game of the season right here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Liverpool vs Man U as part of the pre season?

Best get ready.

arnold-commando-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Do City not finish on top in the unlikely event of Milan beating Liverpool?

Which soccer franchise will be crowned the soccer champions of the earth.

Find out on Tuesday when "Liverpool Red Birds" play the "Man Red Devils" in the International Soccer Cup Bowl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Do City not finish on top in the unlikely event of Milan beating Liverpool?

Nope Liverpool ahead of City as it's head-to-head not goal difference in a tiebreak

8-10 wrote: »
    Nope Liverpool ahead of City as it's head-to-head not goal difference in a tiebreak

But City have a point more? 5 versus 4. 3 for win, 2 for win on penalties and one for loss on penalties. 'Pool must get at least one point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

But City have a point more? 5 versus 4. 3 for win, 2 for win on penalties and one for loss on penalties. 'Pool must get at least one point?

Nope both on 5 points currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Liverpool have 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

This is never going to end well.

But when in Laconicus..

Thanks. Goal.com have city on 5 and liverpool on 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

ricero wrote: »
    Good experiance for man u and LVG playing an other champions league team in pre-season

If anything, it's probably a step down after beating the European Champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The winner gets 1 million dollars prize money!

Liverpool could get another Southampton player :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

thelad95 wrote: »

Another Liverhamptonsider.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

thelad95 wrote: »

Still could. There are plenty of the Southampton FC vouchers that Barca used to buy Suarez with left. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

A 1 o clock in the morning kick off is a fridge too far for me, i will digest the highlights the following morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What channel will this be on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It's streamed live on ManUtd.com for $1.99 - although not sure if this is available in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'll be continuing my policy of not watching preseason matches anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Can we do a combined 11 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its only a pre season friendly but to the American Man Utd and Liverpool fans it will be a big deal to them.

It should be an interesting game and the tournament has been beneficial to both clubs so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

EF wrote: »
    It's streamed live on ManUtd.com for $1.99 - although not sure if this is available in Ireland.

Its on Sky Sports 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Every match between Liverpool & Man Utd matters!
    Just because this one is being played in the US doesn't make it meaningless.
    Man Utd will be extra keen to show Liverpool that they're still a force.
    Equally, Liverpool will be out to prove they've regained the edge over them off the back of last season's 2nd.

• Advertisement

Every match between Liverpool & Man Utd matters!
    Just because this one is being played in the US doesn't make it meaningless.
    Man Utd will be extra keen to show Liverpool that they're still a force.
    Equally, Liverpool will be out to prove they've regained the edge over them off the back of last season's 2nd.

It's completely meaningless and I would imagine the players will not be pushing themselves too hard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Interesting to see the match being downplayed by some.

Would have thought it would be seen by all as a chance to get a psychological advantage over the other 2 weeks before the start of the season. The most meaningful pre-season match played based on the fact it's against a direct rival, both historically and positionally in the league. A good sign of where both teams are after a turbulent summer for both.

It's not, dare I say, that ye are going into excuse-making mode before United trounce ya :pac::p;):o:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Well I personally would love to see Man Utd beat Liverpool, and I'd be pretty p*ssed off if the players went out there and didn't push themselves, or work as well as they did last night against Real on the basis that it's "just a pre-season game"

Well I personally would love to see Man Utd beat Liverpool, and I'd be pretty p*ssed off if the players went out there and didn't push themselves, or work as well as they did last night against Real on the basis that it's "just a pre-season game"

I would much rather have all the Liverpool players fit and ready in 2 weeks time and not out injured because they pushed themselves too hard in a pointless friendly. The result on Monday night really means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Downplaying in fear of the worst. ;) Glorified friendly or not, when this game comes around both sides want to win. I don't believe anyone on either side who say they won't care about the result, even if it does mean fcuk all in the grand scheme of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Performance is more import than the result. I expect another 3 subs at half time and 9-10 by the time the match is finished. He could also do another two 45min teams considering it's only 1 days rest

Downplaying in fear of the worst. ;) Glorified friendly or not, when this game comes around both sides want to win. I don't believe anyone on either side who say they won't care about the result, even if it does mean fcuk all in the grand scheme of things.

Win 5-0 or lose 5-0,it makes no difference.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'll be continuing my policy of not watching preseason matches anyway.

Meaningless nonsense all this pre season.

No doubt you'll get top fans getting hot under the collar for this game

The only concern I have with this game is some eejit going in with a hard tackle like Ruddock many moons ago.

Roll on the real football

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is a final and a prize of $1 million to the winning team, both sides will want to win, unless they have a loser attitude.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Would have thought it would be seen by all as a chance to get a psychological advantage over the other 2 weeks before the start of the season. The most meaningful pre-season match played based on the fact it's against a direct rival, both historically and positionally in the league. A good sign of where both teams are after a turbulent summer for both.

It's not, dare I say, that ye are going into excuse-making mode before United trounce ya :pac::p;):o:):D

Downplayed?

Anyone building it up as something meaningful hasn't a notion imo. It has zero impact on anything to come in the real season

Without trying to start an argument and because I genuinely don't know. On this thread is it only United fans so far who have said that this matters?

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is a final and a prize of $1 million to the winning team, both sides will want to win, unless they have a loser attitude.

$1m wouldn't even pay Wayne Rooney for a month. That is less than pennies to these 2 clubs.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Downplayed?

Anyone building it up as something meaningful hasn't a notion imo. It has zero impact on anything to come in the real season

But Real Madrid won the champions cup last year and went onto be Champions League winners...do United want to be giving Liverpool a good omen :P

$1m wouldn't even pay Wayne Rooney for a month. That is less than pennies to these 2 clubs.

It all adds up, if either club were run with that approach to money, they would be broke.

RobertKK wrote: »
    It all adds up, if either club were run with that approach to money, they would be broke.

Don't kid yourself, $1m is nothing to them. It's about 600k sterling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement