Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Manchester United - The Prestigious International Champions Cup Final 20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Johnson = shocking... need a new defender quick

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Kagawa assists with miss control

Gerrard loses league title with miss control

Is miss control a rapper or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

three shots three goals for united, can't fault their clinical finishing but doubts remain about mignolet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

How many senior strikers at Pool this season? Just 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Glen Johnson has been Man Utd's Man of the Match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

monkey9 wrote: »
    Louis Van Gaal is a genius. He's bound to turn this around.

lvgfyjt4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭bennyl10

martyos121 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ lad, you scored a decent goal in pre season, not a 50 yard volley in the World Cup final. Calm down.

Youd feckin begrudge children getting presents on Christmas.. its his first goal of course he'll celebrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Ibe is a rough diamond, not ready for the first team just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Nani has been ****e as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

G'wan United!!!
    Thank f*ck I don't have to get up in the morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

How many senior strikers at Pool this season? Just 2?

At the moment 3, but Sturridge and Borini are injured. Likely Borini will trade places with a new purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Kagawa assists with miss control

Gerrard loses league title with miss control

He is not mr. control anyway that's for sure ha

This is the lowest day of my life as a Liverpool supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

CHAMP1ONS

• Oh yea that feels goood. Pool were poor all game. Easy win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yay! We won the..... What's this thing cup again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh yea that feels goood. Pool were poor all game. Easy win

u wot

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Chin up man. I'm sure they will bounce back from this crushing defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Easy to turn it around tbh. You win you gloat, you loose you make it out as a mickey mouse cup, win win huh. Some kind of defense mechanism even though its easy to see what you're doing.

Onto the game, thought United played great second half, Rooney was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its also pissing rain! FML

• u wot

Yes they were...u wot

Liverpool did well in the first half but I feel they lacked class up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

nuxxx wrote: »
    Easy to turn it around tbh. You win you gloat, you loose you make it out as a mickey mouse cup, win win huh. Some kind of defense mechanism even though its easy to see what you're doing.

utd were muck in the first half, pool were muck in the 2nd. thats about it.

Touching on 800 posts for a pre-season game that kicked off at 1am :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

lvgfyjt4.gif

LOL, bet you'd that ready all match!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Liverpool were the better team for the majority of the game to be fair, throw Lovren and Sturridge in and it's a team good enough to get a top 4 place

• K-9 wrote: »

Yea...and

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh yea that feels goood. Pool were poor all game. Easy win

Objective analysis as ever.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Ha, im not really one for either of those things, was a joke based on the hyperbole of the importance of this game from earlier on today. Good game for the most part, showed up exactly where both teams are lacking going into the new season. Perfect level of intensity for a friendly at this stage, will stand the players of both squads in good stead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

There won't be a cow milked in Manchester in the morning, Hard at the minute to put into words how i feel right now, Manchester United Guinness International Cup Champions 2014, Up there with the success of 1999 for me.

• Liverpool were the better team for the majority of the game to be fair, throw Lovren and Sturridge in and it's a team good enough to get a top 4 place

No they were awful, genuinely poor. How many chances had they all game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ha, im not really one for either of those things, was a joke based on the hyperbole of the importance of this game from earlier one today. Good game for the most part, showed up exactly where both teams are lacking going into the new season. Perfect level of intensity for a friendly at this stage, will stand the players of both squads in good stead.

I agree but I don't see the need for childish slurs.

Onto more important matters like the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Good run out for both teams. Liverpool controlled the game well up till 57 mins but they lacked cutting edge. Sterling was the only player who looked like doing anything.
    Sturridge was a big loss.

That was united's almost first choice squad, liverpool were missing lovren, moreno, Manquillo, flanagan, lallana, markovic, Borini, Enrique and Sturridge.

Liverpool were the better team for the majority of the game to be fair, throw Lovren and Sturridge in and it's a team good enough to get a top 4 place

Midfield would still be my worry. Can has looked good in pre-season but he's only 20. Its a lot to ask to get him to fit right in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I have the same amount of Guinness International Cup winner medals as Steven Gerrard :P

I agree but I don't see the need for childish slurs.

Onto more important matters like the league!

Missed the joke. Its late so its and excuse this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

rob316 wrote: »
    Good run out for both teams. Liverpool controlled the game well up till 57 mins but they lacked cutting edge. Sterling was the only player who looked like doing anything.

That was united's almost first choice squad, liverpool were missing lovren, moreno, Manquillo, flanagan, lallana, markovic, Borini, Enrique and Sturridge.

Lol
    Rafael, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Welbeck, Rvp etc say hello.
    Try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RVP was a big loss not to mention Januzaj, Fellaini no loss :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

we were missing 2 players who haven't even signed for us :D

United were missing Vidal and Hummels at that rate :p

• Advertisement

Manquillo spotted in John Lennon Airport and already he's a nailed on starter?
    Ever see him play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The club have yet to have a bid accepted for the player! You may as well add every player the club has been linked with to the list.

Ye were missing a few players that were named in the starting 11 too don't forget them in your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Manquillo spotted in John Lennon Airport and already he's a nailed on starter?
    Ever see him play?

first choice squad not first choice team. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ye got me lads it's late. It's been fun see ye soon.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    first choice squad not first choice team. :rolleyes:

Didn't see that, either way, he hasn't even been confirmed as signed yet has he?
    Is he even good? Still a bit silly including him not to even mention Moreno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Should be beating that

As expected
    Standard
    Never even got out of first gear
    Worst performance of summer. Still more then enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

We missed few players too in our squad. Vidal, Hummels, Vermaelen, RVP, Januzaj, Carrick and few others.

K-9 wrote: »

An invitation too good to pass up on
    Ha, im not really one for either of those things, was a joke based on the hyperbole of the importance of this game from earlier on today. Good game for the most part, showed up exactly where both teams are lacking going into the new season. Perfect level of intensity for a friendly at this stage, will stand the players of both squads in good stead.

It was a friendly played at an intensity on the upper end of the spectrum, both managers will have learned a lot more than your run of the mill friendly after that game. The cup is meaningless alright but the game served a purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Great win for united, but it was also a positive that Pool made it difficult for us and highlights our need to strengthen.
    That said if Liverpool press like they did today in their games for the rest of the season, expect them to run out of steam come February.

• Advertisement
Advertisement