Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway V Kerry, SFC Quarter Final, Croke Park, Sunday 3rd August 2pm. RTÉ 2

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Over now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ridiculous amount of space there for 2 Kerry forwards. Anyone marking?

Then O'Donoghue gets all day to kick a point.

Hard to believe thats Conroy's first point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I wonder there is a seperate set of rules for Kerry players?

eg the Kerry midfielders are constantly jumping and interfering with the opposing players but never get blown for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Even though Kerry look like they will see this out ok, they are only 5 points up against a team that didnt score for 18 mins in the first half and 10 mins in the second.

Kerry are not unbeatable but they do have great forwards

• Advertisement

"Both teams had loads of time to prepare for this game".

Eh? Kerry had four weeks.

Galway had right days.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Galway defenders are terrible

Just ridiculous amounts of space. Is anyone helping the full-back line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

how did he not get a black card for that jersey pull????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Even though Kerry look like they will see this out ok, they are only 5 points up against a team that didnt score for 18 mins in the first half and 10 mins in the second.

Kerry are not unbeatable but they do have great forwards

The Dubs won't have too much to fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The amount of incompetence that is rewarded between Eddie Kinsella, Marty Morrissey and Tommy Carr is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

galway are the architects of their own downfall here. blame the ref blame this and blame that, but galway are handing the game to kerry. O dononhue left to play on his own, a full back punching the ball out when he can clearly catch it, forwards not crafty enough or even running for the ball.

Good save.

The amount of incompetence that is rewarded between Eddie Kinsella, Marty Morrissey and Tommy Carr is baffling.

Tommy Carr thinks Galway are playing a blanket defence and Kerry aren't. He's said it 3 or 4 times now. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Kerry have been useless and Galway (despite being poor aswell) have blown a big chance to take a big scalp.

If Mayo or Cork don't beat Kerry in the semi this year they'll never be able to do it.

What should have been a 45 for Galway led to a point for Kerry.

I would not keep Mulholland on as Galway manager to be honest. Don't think he could even spell tactics.

Went 70 minutes against both Mayo and Kerry leaving O'Connor and O'Donoghue completely isolated 1 on 1. For the entire game.

Strange as though it may seem its easier to take losing by seven points in that game than it would have been to lose by one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Galway really miles away from ever winning that. When you're bringing on Eddie hoare as a forward you're a long way off the required standard.

I would not keep Mulholland on as Galway manager to be honest. Don't think he could even spell tactics.

Kerry were better and always in control, for me kerry played fine they done the job, and they look like they can step up even more in the semi, I was impressed with their sideline as well, good subs to bring on in BJ keane etc, I think he notched 2 points, kerry are strong all over and will be no push over next game out,

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Kerry in the rest of the tournament.

Have to shout for Mayo now. :(

Joe Brolly is dead right here. Galway had no self belief today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Trolls be trolling...

Or Brolling maybe it should be called..

kupus wrote: »
    Kerry were better and always in control, for me kerry played fine they done the job, and they look like they can step up even more in the semi, I was impressed with their sideline as well, good subs to bring on in BJ keane etc, I think he notched 2 points, kerry are strong all over and will be no push over next game out,

Actually think Mayo will beat them handily if they meet in the semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

There is nobody to beat the Sh*te that Brolly talks. Some tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

BJK mothafukkas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Did Joe lose money on Galway? He seems really annoyed and taking the loss as a personal insult!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Brolly's basic point is right though. Hate how he interrupts the others though.

Actually think Mayo will beat them handily if they meet in the semi.

Start by beating cork first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Oh well, another championship over. I'm not sure what Galway have to take from that, poor defending, terrible wides and some baffling play. Fair play to Lundy though.

Yeah, shouting for Mayo now. Jesus :pac:

• Advertisement

c_man wrote: »
    Oh well, another championship over. I'm not sure what Galway have to take from that, poor defending, terrible wides and some baffling play. Fair play to Lundy though.

Yeah, shouting for Mayo now. Jesus :pac:

I know. But I'll always give them my support when they're the only Connacht team left in the competition.

Thing is, we'll never hear the end of it if they ever do go on to win the damn thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Lapin wrote: »
    I know. But I'll always give them my support when they're the only Connacht team left in the competition.

Thing is, we'll never hear the end of it if they ever do go on to win the damn thing. :)

Ha! Oh absolutely I agree, I'll always defer to supporting whichever of our neighbours is left. By and by, my best friend is one of them ardent Mayo fans (!) and he was shouting for Galway earlier, as he usually does when we're not up against them of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Galway were tired after 50 minutes. They are a million miles away from the likes of Kerry when it comes to preparation physically and mentally.

Posters blaming their defence, and they have point, but the one thing that really irritated me in Galways performance was their absolute stupidity in not recycling the ball to the other wings to create space. They'd go down one wing, draw 6 or 7 Kerry defenders and have no plan to switch it quickly to the other wing. Players ponderously looking for 3 or 4 metre hand passes or taking wild shots at the target. Brain dead stuff.

Kerry did what they always do against poor sides, cruise through. They were abysmal against Cavan at this stage last year but went on to match Dublin in the semi. Anyone who reads anything into todays performance hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lapin wrote: »
    Have to shout for Mayo now. :(

have seen a few Galway people say this on here, would have thought you'd all be going for Kerry as opposed to wanting your biggest rivals to win?

you'd rarely see a Kerry man shouting on Cork or a Dub shouting on Meath for example, so i dont know what it should be different in Connacht. in know some Galway lads who wouldnt support Mayo if they were playing a team consisting of 15 Hitler, so i am surprised to see people saying they'd support them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

have seen a few Galway people say this on here, would have thought you'd all be going for Kerry as opposed to wanting your biggest rivals to win?

you'd rarely see a Kerry man shouting on Cork or a Dub shouting on Meath for example, so i dont know what it should be different in Connacht. in know some Galway lads who wouldnt support Mayo if they were playing a team consisting of 15 Hitler, so i am surprised to see people saying they'd support them here.

kerry have won enough all irelands!!! i was at croker yesterday and was supporting mayo in the 2nd game

would love to see them win one after the amount of losses they have had. I must say they always bring an incredible amount of supporters to a match no matter where they play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Mayo are also representing the often heavily criticised Connacht province. I was cheering at a very low volume especially when the Kerryman beside me was a bigtime Cork cheerleader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

On the counter look at Ulster, anyone I know from Ulster cheers for any Ulster team. I'll be cheering on Mayo this year like always (but that's more so of the fact that I spend a good bit of time there) and so too will a lot of Galway GAA people I know. I think by and large Connacht people stick together, which is probably a result of all the criticism we've gotten in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I think it's easier for people to cheer Mayo when they don't live near the border. I grew up close to it and the rivalry across both sides is bitter at best. The most common phrase you'll hear when asking about Mayo here is "I wouldn't mind them winning it except I couldn't stand to listen to them", although "I hope they never win anything, the bastards" probably isn't far behind it.
    I love it, I think it's great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

All my fellow Mayo supporters were shouting for the Tribesmen in Croker yesterday..We westerners stick together come hell or high water.Also helped that we'd have preferred to have faced our beloved neighbours than the Kingdom,looking at from a purely selfish point of view!:pac:
    The intra provincial rivalry although acute in Connacht is of a love hate nature.

Advertisement