Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

icloud acc

• 03-08-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi people. I have a quick question. My friend got his mother's hand down iPhone 4, she bought it many years ago second hand all legit and above board. He asked me to set it up as his own so I did (i think).
    I deleted icloud acc from the phone, I changed the phone name and setup his Gmail, The only thing left to do is setup an icloud acc but it has reached its maximum user.
    When her ma bought her new fone the lady in the shop transfer my friends contacts from her old to the iPhone 4 so if I factory reset she will lose all her contacts. If I back it up it's back the way it is. Am I missing something or is that it, is that how it's normally done? Is I icloud the only thing that can't be changed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved from Cloud and Distributed Computing as this is more of an Apple device specific question. More chance to get an answer here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Export contacts through Gmail or Yahoo, then just wipe the phone completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Zcott wrote: »
    Export contacts through Gmail or Yahoo, then just wipe the phone completely.

How do I export to Gmail and put them back onto the device. Does wiping the phone a setting it up as a new one solve the icloud problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

steloide wrote: »
    How do I export to Gmail and put them back onto the device.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077
    Does wiping the phone a setting it up as a new one solve the icloud problem?

Should do.

Advertisement